Judes Towerbox and System Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Judes Towerbox and System « Previous Next »
By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 9:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Enzo inspired. Tower box for Jude's X-9. This is Part 1 to Judes monster system. This is gonna be one bad mo fo. Its gonna have 2 Crossfire EH-2 HCLD's and 4 8-inch mids shooting back. It will have 4 6'1/2 Crossfire Neo's shooting down, As well as a bunch of custom made chocolate goodies LCD mirriors neon and plexy sub boxes. Big Balla system! LOL

By Duane (nvsairwarrior) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 9:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant,
I'm glad to see that you are starting at least with a solid tower. That set up is going to weigh a bit. Do you have an estimate for the weight?
Looks to be yet another awesome "G" box.

D out

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 12:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The box empty should weigh like 30-40 LBS
Each 8 should weigh like 5-6 lbs = 20LBS
Each (neo) 6 is like 3 lbs= 12LBS
Each horn is like 10 lbs= 20lbs

So like some where in the 100 lb range. Jude is a "Big Strong Contractor" so he should have no problem droping his tower by himself with one arm tied behind his back. LOL.

By Racer #5 Team Rider (bond) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 12:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

Nice job once again Grant,

Mike

By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MAD PROPS for doing your own thing and being different!!! con't wait to see the finished product..

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the way the box has the X shape to match the X-series theme. Very nice.

By Mike (mikeski) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 2:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Grant,

Looks like a good start. I imagine that it will be glassed and paint finished?

At this point my next boat will probably have the Illusion tower with not a lot of headroom. I am considering building a low profile box covered in neoprene. From a sound/headache standpoint this seems to be a decent solution. Ever thought of covering a box in Neoprene?

Mike

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 9:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike: Wow going from a Ski Nautique to a boat with the Illusion tower. That will be nice. I have never thought of putting Neopreane as a finish for a tower box I always thought of Neoprene as a cover used to cover the box when you tow? you wanted to use the Neoprene to soften the blow if your head runs into the tower box I guess thats a good Idea. I would think it would look ulgy so it would be out in my book.

Yes it will be glassed and painted. Im guessing it will go red and black.

By Squid (twakess) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 9:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks killer Grant. But I feel sorry for the guy who has to glass and bondo that box, he will need to set up camp for that glass job.

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 10:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nick is a fiberglass wiz. He will have that thing wrapped and glassed quick style. Yes the filler and prime takes some time.

By Nate (norcalmalibu) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 10:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dam that is killer, what kinda machine do you use to get the holes in the box so perfect? You need to be sponsered and give out free boat installation for demos

By jude (macdaddy) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 12:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea we are going to go red and black, we changed the way the eight's are mounted by making the two circles into one ovel then recessed the eight's back 1/2" the ovel as well as the removable panels on the front will be black everything else red...

By Luke (lukeduke95) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 5:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ICE ICE BABY!!!!!

Looks damn sweet dude!

Where the HID Lights at???

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 11:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant, that is going to be sick! What do you plan to power the tower with? Interested in building one for a SAN? Looks like the NVS's might have to go.

By jude (macdaddy) on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 2:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
luke the HID lights are in the front there are four of them. they are going to be sunken in like the 8's on the back...should have more pic's on monday with the front finished and cloth around the box...

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom ~ Are you selling your NVS?
Sweet boat and set up by the way!!

By George "C" (burbanized) on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 3:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant that is super sweet. Its going to look killer, you gave me a crazy idea i might start working on...

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 2:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just a thought, Grant. Have you ever considered using structural PVC foam for the non-load bearing parts of the box? You can shape it with a heat gun and it's pretty damn strong when it's glassed. It would reduce the weight a bit. It's more expensive than wood, though. It might save you some time in shaping and allow you to make compound curves more easily.

Super nice box, BTW;)

By Brian Carrillo (timber) on Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 6:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looking good Judey
Can't wait to here that bad boy. What color are you going to paint it?

By jude (macdaddy) on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 9:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks brian....it's gonna be red and black....hey brian how many more hours till summer i can't take this anymore

By Brian Carrillo (timber) on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 9:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hear ya! This cold weather is pissing me off. May is only 5 1/2 months away!

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 5:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By John (mibu) on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 7:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sweet box. I'm glad to see the crossfire speakers.I'm building a system for my boat with crossfire. Are those the new true mids? Cause the dealer where I purchased my equipmet from sugested using crossfire HLCD and the true mids for a box.

(Message edited by mibu on December 20, 2004)

By jude (macdaddy) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 5:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John, what else are you gonna put in your system. Are you running crossfire amps?..as far as I know they are the true mid drivers. But I could be wrong Grant and our buddy Nick picked out the equitment i just take there advice.

By John (mibu) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 5:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes I'm using all crossfire amps. I'm also using the BMF 12" sub. I have not made up my mind about the tower set-up yet.The speakers in the boat are Sony Xplod 6.5" that came from the factory with the boat.

(Message edited by mibu on December 23, 2004)

(Message edited by mibu on December 23, 2004)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com