Fake a Lake Water Pressure? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Fake a Lake Water Pressure? « Previous Next »
By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 1:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just wondering now that I have the fake a lake how much water pressure should I run throught it and for how long before I start the motor. I want to get rid of the river water since I wont be on the water again til x-mas...

By Mike (mikeski) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 2:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jamb it under the boat, turn on the water, then start the boat. If water doesen't start coming out the back in less than 30 seconds turn it back off. You are not pressurizing the system only providing water source for the rawwater pump. Avoid revving the motor, stay away from the prop, they often spin even when in neutral.

By cdm (cdm) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 2:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
turn water on full blast. The more water available the better. don't rev the engine. if your doing an oil change, let the engine temp get all the way up... good luck

CDM

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 2:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You better watch the water inlet hose, it may start ballooning. Probably not with a Fake a wake but if you jam a hose into the water inlet I've seen it happen. It is better to have somebody cut the water on when you start the boat, and vice versa.

By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 3:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Basically turn on water 1/2 to full start right away, watch for water out the exhaust, etc...
I didnt know if I could screw something up if I had the water on too long and/or not starting up right away and/or too much pressure..

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 3:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Water will probably squirt out around the fake a lake if the motors not running. I made one out of a toilet plunger, that's what happened with it. I found it was easier to pull the inlet hose off up top and stick the hose directly in there. It's easy to get to on a DD, Vdrive it's probably easier to stick with the fakealake.

By derek boyer (toyotafreak) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 4:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't listen to Psyclone, he's 41.

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 4:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Actually I'm 42. Old enough to know not to drive forklifts through customers boats:-)

By derek boyer (toyotafreak) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 9:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Guess your blood gets ICY at 42 ;-)

(Message edited by toyotafreak on November 29, 2004)

By Wes Gardner (wesgardner) on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 4:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Kenny,

My motor will take all the water I can feed it thru a hose (at idle). When winterizing, I use one of those ball valve deals that screw onto the end of the hose so I can turn it on/off while in the boat...I invested in a Flush-Pro that I've not installed yet, but that'll ease the operation considerably, you can get one at skiDIM for around $50.

Wes

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com