best glue for sealing a fat sac? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » best glue for sealing a fat sac? « Previous Next »
By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 10:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it has a leak on the seam. should be easy fix but what glue to use?

thanks

By TR (biz) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 7:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Use a waterbead repair kit if it not too big of a leak. I did this and it held up for two years before finally bursting. i must add that it did not burst where the repair was!!! The seam finally gave way right next to the repair.

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You could also buy a pool repair kit for around $4.00 that will come with a huge vinyl repair sheet and a large tube of glue for the many many repairs that are associated with fat sacs. They are found at all pool supply stores. Seam repairs are no problem, just use tape to keep the edges down.

By Geoff Maus (bluemalibu) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 9:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty,
I know the Operations Director at a big water park. His people repair hundreds of punctures and tears in the float tubes at the park each season. After a lot of testing, they found the best product for this repair is Bostic 1100 Fast Set Urethane. You asked what the best product is, this is it. It is hard to find, as it is typically sold for industrial use. I purchased some from a company named Monarch Adhesives in Lake Forest, California.
If I could not get the Bostic product, I would try 3M 5200.

Geoff

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 2:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sevylor seam sealer works well, but it is a bit expensive from West Marine. It is made for fixing tubes and stuff.

By Nick (nbeihl) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 8:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
waterbed repair kit @ walmart!!!

By MIKE O (batman) on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 7:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I second the Sevylor sealer as I sealed up a hole in a football with the stuff! Works great on tubes!

By bobby Hamner (tigebob) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 8:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pool repair kits are the best way to go i've been able to fix alot of rips and with the repair kit

By Joe Mama (spoon) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 10:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Reinforce the seam with fabric before applying the glue or the seam will pull apart again. I've found tent repair kits work great. Fabric and waterproof glue included.

By Joe Mama (spoon) on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 10:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is a link:

http://www.campinggurus.com/product.php?productid=2027&cat=0&page=1

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 11:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
pete from letsgoride.com just told me to use pvc glue...

what do you think?

By Joe Mama (spoon) on Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 6:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd test it first. PVC 'glue' is more like solvent. Melts the plastic.

By nacho (denverd1) on Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ive heard very good things about the 3m 5200. like adding valves to fat sacs and putting 1000+ lbs of pressure on the seal

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
3m 5200 is the way to go? Letsgoride still says to use pvc glue.

would you use 5200?

By Gary (sanger215guy) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 8:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
nacho tells the truth I added a bottom port to my sac's fro the drain. works awsome.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 6:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
best place to buy some?

By Gary (sanger215guy) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 7:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just about any hardware store carries it, or try your local marine shop.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com