05 Nautique with polk speakers are ki... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » 05 Nautique with polk speakers are kickers better? « Previous Next »
By Colin Fichman (tidalwake0504) on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 6:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just got an 05 nautique 211 with polk speakers, the tower speakers are kickers and they seem soo much louder than the polks in the cabin. Does anyone have pics of their kickers(especially sub) so i can compare with my polks see if the dealer will maybe swap? Thanks, colin

By Colin Fichman (tidalwake0504) on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 7:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
more pics

By Chris Brown (cbrown) on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 8:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Two things to consider: 1 are the polks powered by an amp and are the tower speakers powered by an amp, and 2 the tower speakers are in an encloser which typically will make a speaker a little louder and will give it a little more bass. I have the polks as tower speakers in our malibu and they really need to be run in the power rating to sound good. For those speakers you need 80 watts to make them reach their potential.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 7:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Polk Momo's in your boat and the Kicker 6.2's on your tower are both good products but are in different applications. What amp is driving each?

By TR (biz) on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 11:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Those Polks should sound Great! My first question would be what kind of power do you have running the Polk speakers. Is an amp or is the Head unit pushing the speakers. If it is an amp then the gain might need to be turned up a little... hard to tell by not being able to see everything...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com