Buying a X-star 2005 NY boat Show Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Buying a X-star 2005 NY boat Show « Previous Next »
By Nuno Faria (flying) on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was thinking about going to NY Boatshow in January, to check out the prices and conditions to buy the new X-star, then if i make the deal the boat must be shipped to Portugal-Europe(Euro/Dolar=1,3!). Anyone can give me advice about the Mastercraft local dealer,any suggestions about the best way to make this deal, or any other boatshow or dealer???

TXS & be safe.

By SulMaxwell (sulmaxwell) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 1:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My thought would be to simnply contact Mastercraft the company itself..via the website
mastercraft.com
and they should be able to walk you through the proper channels to get you an Xstar in Europe...
My buddy has an 04 x star..by far the best boat on the water!!!!

By Brit Rider (brit_rider) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 6:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nuno, theres only one way to do this and it would mean you shipping the boat privatly.

If you try to buy a boat to be shipped to portugal MC will make you go through mastercraft europe. run in the UK. www.mastercraft-europe.com

to get the best deal you will need to buy the boat in the US then personally ship it.

problem is, it sucks but you may have issues when trying to get any waranty work carried out on it, same with dealer support.

I would advise talkinfg with MC europe unless you already have.

just my 2 cents

By Jared Aubrey (jaubrey) on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 7:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
there are many serious issues such as tax and warranty to be concerned with but the one thing you do have going for you is the dollar to euro is at a 20 year low asof today. So you can save some serious cash.

By Brit Rider (brit_rider) on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 1:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree on that part.

i guess you'll have to trade off what is worth more - re-sale, dealer support, total warranty cover with no questions asked.

or a cheaper initial investment.

I'd contact MC europe and see what they can pull together on a deal. make it clear you have the option to ship yourself

By KG (wakescene) on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 11:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you do a deal at the NY Boat Show...Make sure to get EVERYTHING in writing. The local MC dealer won't bend over for you at all unless it is in writing!

By KG (wakescene) on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you do a deal at the NY Boat Show...Make sure to get EVERYTHING in writing. The local MC dealer won't bend over for you at all unless it is in writing!

By schooledrider (rmcronin) on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 12:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Jared-20 year low??? The euro is a currency that is less than ten years old. It is near an all time low as of today but was only a dream 20 years ago.

By schooledrider (rmcronin) on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 5:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oops-my mistake, the euro has been around since 2002.

By Nuno Faria (flying) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 7:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Txs everybody ( KG,Jared, Brit, Sullmaxwell, School) for your advice, sorry for this late reply to all your suggestions, but i've been a litle busy with work.
Other suggestions are welcome.

Nuno

By Brit Rider (brit_rider) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 3:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nuno, whats the plan right now? are you still thinking about importing?

By Jared Aubrey (jaubrey) on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 6:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
School, im sorry for the confusion but when i said the euro, i mean the currency of portugal, but portugal has been a member of the
European Monetary System, arrangement by which most nations of the European Union (EU) linked their currencies to prevent large fluctuations relative to one another. It was organized in 1979 to stabilize foreign exchange and counter inflation among members.
-since this time their currency is at a high versus the US Dollar.

(Message edited by jaubrey on December 15, 2004)

By Randy (rschrock) on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 2:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Heck, just fly over, buy one and drive it home.

By Al O (alo) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 9:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
contact david craig @ mastercraft mexico, he sales many of the boats internationally and will take good care of you. mexico.mastercraft.com

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com