Non skipping head unit Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Non skipping head unit « Previous Next »
By kelly S. (hb_tige) on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 7:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What is the best head unit that will not skip while the boat is moving. I have heard that there is memory on certain units. What head unit do you all recommend for playing a CD while driving? Thanks for the info.

By Sparky Jay (wake_upppp) on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 9:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sony makes one that is one of the only ones my local stereo shop will install on Harley's. Look at a Sony catalog, it will tell you in there.

By Justin Waterson (jwat142) on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 4:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you do a search on this board for the Sony CDX-MP80, you will notice that a lot of people have them and love them. I personally have this model and it NEVER skips. It is an older model, so you may have a hard time finding one now. But, it is a great head unit. . .never skips, plays MP3s, has an auxilary input, etc. I would start by looking on ebay to find one. Good luck.

By jeff 2 (waterdog2) on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 6:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a dual with 100 second memory for mp3 cd's. I know, dual, But im extremly happy with it, FM reception smokes both my alpines.

By Wakeman (vern) on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 8:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Make sure that you have some sort of cushion between the headunit and the support brackets. A lot of skipping comes from that. Please note that this will not cure the problem, but can make it work. I've thought about trying to create a suspension system, but am not sure how it will/would work.

By Sparky Jay (wake_upppp) on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 7:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Sony has the suspension built in. Buy it brand new, install it, ur done. No skipping.

By Chris Walker (redsupralaunch) on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 8:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The ultimate deck for under $400 is the Sony cdx-M9900. It will do your anti-skip but you can hook up your video camera to it and it will display on the face plate.

http://http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=7234&c=0411YahooShopping&b=Sony_CDX-M9900

By chris divers (chris138) on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 8:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
why dont u try getting a cd changer with one o those remots so that you can mount the changer in the back where there is less bounce there for cutting down on cd skipping, thats wut we did works grate

By Patt Smulsky (p_e_ski) on Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 4:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have a Sony Xplode HU and sony 10disc changer. Haven't heard a skip yet.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com