Sanger boats ballast system question. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Sanger boats ballast system question. « Previous Next »
By matthew danielson (stefmatt) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 5:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a Sanger v210 2002 and am planning an aftermarket ballast system. I have seen the many aftermarket configs talked about but don't understand one thing. I am planning on doing ballast instead of lead cause sometimes i feel like a ski....sometimes i feel like a board. So, many say x lb bag up front or in ski locker. The problem is, where? The ski locker is on left side of boat and the little middle locker wont even hold a six pack. If you put it up front, then no one can sit on the bow? Im confused. Please help.

By Greg (cwbrider14) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 8:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good question Matt. I know here in North Cali theres a guy who installs the rear ballast tanks on the new Sangers. If you get a hol dof Western Marine they can get you into contact with hi. I am sure if you pick his brain he can help you out.

By Barry (barry) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 9:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matthew,
Does your V-210 have a small white ice chest looking thing when you lift the board in the center of the floor between the walk through(the middle locker)?
If so, you can remove that insert-like ice chest and it reveals a very long/large area the goes from the ice chest to the almost the tip of the bow of the boat. Most people refer to this as the ski locker. You can buy "locker sacs" that fit in this area and I'd suggest getting one, V-210's like most of the weight up front.

Here's how I have my V-210 set-up:
Locker sac(the one under the ice chest)
another 700 lbs sac in the bow between the seats that extends almost to the drivers seat, and 1 250 or 500 in each rear storage area. You'll like the wake. :-)

B-

By matthew danielson (stefmatt) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 9:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
OOOOOHHHHHHHHH. I do have that little ice chest. I didn't know that little thing could come up. Will take a look pronto. Thanks Barry.

By Barry (barry) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 9:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mathew,
glad to help. E-mail @ wastmore@pacbell.net if you need more help.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 10:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
V210 wake with 550 pounds of lead in the front + 700 pound sac under the floor, 350 pound tanks in the back & 4 people in the boat. 75 foot line 22.5 mph.

We took a 04 SAN owner out yesterday & he was staggered at the wake size & shape. He is going to weight his boat more now.

By Gary (sanger215guy) on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 8:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt;
I have a 04 V215, I opted to not get the rear hard tanks from the factory, so I could put sacks in the rear to keep my storage space when I was not boarding. I just finished adding all the pickups and pumps I will take pictures and post them Saturday. I bought all the pick ups and dumps from Sanger and did all the rest myself. In all I spent about $500 in parts. Factory ballasts are 1200+. In addition I have added 150 lb more than the hard tanks. I am looking into having larger sacks made to increase the rear to just over 1000 lb. and the front will be just under a 1000 lb.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are you sure you want that much in the rear? The V210 gets pretty crusty on the lip if you go less than 60-40% weight front to back, I presume the 215 is the same because the hulls are so similar.

By Gary (sanger215guy) on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 11:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well it is a test and see game for me. I am adding weight in areas first before I plumb them into my system. That way I don't drill holes whare they are not supposed to be. The only concern I have run into so far is the breather/overflow line. I don't know of any off the shelf sacs that come with 3 or more ports to be able to drain form the bottom and fill/overflow through the top. That's the reason for having some made. So far I just copied Sanger's set up that is as basic as you can get.

By Gary (sanger215guy) on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 12:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darren;
Very impressive wake, The shape looks perffect.

By Barry (barry) on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 1:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
In my profile pic all we were running was 1150 lbs up front with two people in the boat. It's a perfect skating wake to me.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com