Jabsco Reversible ballast puppy Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Jabsco Reversible ballast puppy « Previous Next »
By nacho (denverd1) on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm looking to put in an automatic ballast system for next season. I've read countless threads and articles on this site and others. Seems like cutting the raw water intake and putting in this pump would be the easiest straightforward. just wondering whats anyone's experience is with this pump: fill/drain time, etc. I think there are two and I was considering the larger of the two. Thanks!

By Mike (mikeski) on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 11:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They are slow and noisy. I am replacing my reversible impeller system with two aerator pumps this winter. I intend to use the Attwood Tsunami 1200s one for fill one for drain. Also, drilling a dedicated fill so I can valve it off. Learn from those of us that have torn out a few systems. Check out the Rival Download system, seen lots of positive feedback on the system.

By nacho (denverd1) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 6:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks mike. the only tsunami's i could find are submersible. Where are you getting them?

By Wes Gardner (wesgardner) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's a link to some Tsunami pumps...

http://www.marinegeneral.com/acatalog/Aerator_Pumps.html

Wes

By 3D (str8jkt) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 3:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There is SO much info on here about this and after listening to all and believing half I built my own system with 3 ballast puppies for the same cost as the Rival and am very happy with it. 1500 pounds in less than 5 minutes. I used 3 fill/empty holes (one for each bag/pump) to minimize hose, bends and fittings wich I believe slows any system. My sientific method was to run the pumps in my shop sink with short and long hoses and elbows ect and compare flow. After doing that, I drilled 3 holes instead of 1 feeling the increased flow would be worth it not to mention a super clean install.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com