I-Pod Question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » I-Pod Question « Previous Next »
By Louis Teague (loux2) on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 9:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This question stems from the line driver thread Grant (pimp daddy) started a month or so ago. I have a Clarion XMD3, Phoenix gold Tantrum line driver, Rockforfosgate 1000.1 and a 4004. The head unit is on the passenger side and I want to put my I-Pod on the drivers side. Thus I will have to run a RCA around the bow to plug into the head unit input. Here is my question. Should I run the I-Pod into the line driver and then into the head unit? Or should I just run the I-Pod straight to the head unit. It seems the long run around the bow will cause a voltage drop. Will this matter? One last thing, I am using a SIK line level audio output to conect to the RCA's. I look forward to your feed back.

By Paul (gherk) on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I also have the XMD3 with an ipod and I have mine connected to the head unit so that I can easily switch between the CD player/tuner/auxilary input. For the sake of simplicity, you will probably want to do the same unless your line driver has an independent input that you can switch to easily.

As far as running your ipod into the line driver and then to the head unit, I think that could possibly damage the head unit. I have seen a lot of information regarding amplifiers not being able to handle more than a certain amount of voltage from the inputs. I image that a head unit would be even more fragile concerning input voltage. But I'm no stereo wizard so I could be completely wrong. I'm sure someone will elaborate more.

How do you have yours wired Grant?

(Message edited by gherk on November 22, 2004)

By Scott (KYBOOL) (sperbet) on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 4:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You should email Grant. He'll know.

By Louis Teague (loux2) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 12:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant please help. Also, my line drivers put out 8 volts. Do you think that is too much for my rockfordfosgate amps?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com