Stereo Question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Stereo Question « Previous Next »
By Alan (tigeal) on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have 6 speakers, 4 in the cockpit, 2 in the open bow. I have a 4 channel amp that I want to run the 4 cockpit speakers with using the rca's to the amp. can I still use the speaker leads from the Clarion head unit to run the bow speakers?

By Harold (wikd281) on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Your question is kinda confusing to me. But I will try to answer it the best I can. You can run the first 2 channels of the amp to the bow speakers. This will be a 4 ohm load. Then you can run the rear 4 speakers on the 2nd 2 channels-this will be a 2 hom load. And then you can run the RCA's out of the clarion deck to the amp. If you would like you can split it up so you can use the fader for bow speakers and interior speakers but you will need to run 2 RCA's from the deck to the amp. Is this what you are wondering? -or- are you asking if you can tie into the wires right at the back of the headunit?
Hope this helps!

By trace (trace) on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 4:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yes, you can still use the internal amp in the HU to run the bow speakers.

By Alan (tigeal) on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 5:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know it sounds confusing.
I do not care if the bow speakers are amplified or not, this is why I thought I could just use the speaker wires off the head unit.
My main focus is the cockpit speaker.

Here is what I have:
1 Phoenix gold Ti 500.4
1 clarion XMD3
6 Infinity 63.5i 61/2" 3 way speakers

Thanks for your help!

By 882001 (882001) on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 8:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
leave the front unhooked and people who want to can find a nice quiet spot to sit and chat while the back is rocking. my .02

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 6:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alan, the answer to your question is yes you can do that. Run your bow speakers off the HU and the cabin speakers off the amp. You can also do what harold is talking about but I don't think its a good idea to show your amp dual loads. two channels seeing a 4ohm load and the other seeing a 2ohm load. 882001 also has a good idea, but to add to it if you run an amp to your 4 cabin speakers and HU for the bow speakers they will be much quiter anyways

By Mike (bigdeal) on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What 882001 said.... I too started out with 6 speakers in the boat and found that pulling the two bow speakers (and covering them with custom built plates to hide the holes) was the better approach, since it did give the ladies somewhere to retreat to. I now run three amps, one to power my 12" Alpine sub, one to power my four in-boat speakers, and one to power my four tower speakers. I also run two PAC level controllers in the dash that allow me to very quickly turn down (or off) either the four tower speakers and/or the four in-boat speakers. Makes it very convenient when beaching the boat or floating around.

By Harold (wikd281) on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 10:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
adam curtis - Why do you think its a bad idea to show your amp dual ohm loads?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com