Mastercraft towable cover? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Mastercraft towable cover? « Previous Next »
By Blake (x10wakerider) on Monday, November 15, 2004 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Iam looking to buy a Mastercraft Black towable boat cover for a x10, new or used. I was wondering how much they cost and if they work well.

By Russell (the_love_muscle) on Monday, November 15, 2004 - 3:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm not sure how much they cost (mine came with the boat), but they work great. I have an X-Star, and I always tow with the cover on. It has not marked the gel coat at all.

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 6:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it works very well but I notice where the gas tank cap is the ZIPPER...NO GOOD.and on top of the windshield on the rail you'll see alittle fade in the gray paint from rubbing back and forth,as far as the gelcoat none just by the gas cap.
I do only when I have too....It rained really bad once coming back from the Delta and I live in LA otherwise I don't think it's the greatest Idea.IMO

By face planter (mastercraft1995) on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 9:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I believe they cost $750 to $850.

By Bill Spinuzzi (billspin) on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 9:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out the Rankin Covers. I have one, travel with it on everywhere with no markings. Cost about $850. No balloning, very easy to put on and off. Very nice and I highly recommend one.
http://www.rankincovers.com/

By JD (john_d) on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 12:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree with Bill. Rankin makes the best towable covers. No straps or snaps make it very easy to use

(Message edited by John d on November 17, 2004)

By Keith Wilton (wiltok) on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 12:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How easy is it to put the cover around the tower legs? Is it just velcro or some kind of buckles?

By Bill Spinuzzi (billspin) on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 12:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
To get around the tower legs they incorporate zippers that come down from each leg then a long horizontal zipper between these with the drawstring connected with a clip attachment. One drawstring around the entire boat just under the rub rail then 5 straps pulling to the rear that attach to parts of the boat to pull it rearward. Tighter than a drum when done. It takes about, maybe 5 minutes to put on or take off if even that long. Will never own a different cover! They also use a very soft cloth on the inside of the cover at all points that might have a rubbing problem to protect the boat.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com