Wakeboard/Waterski Combo? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Wakeboard/Waterski Combo? « Previous Next »
By Jordy T (jordyt123) on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 5:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Starting our search for a new boat. The problem is that we have skiers AND boarders in the family.Any suggestions on what boats to check out would be appreciated. Thanks!

By Bill Spinuzzi (billspin) on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 6:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Be sure to check out the Tige 22i Type R. It works for our family for skiers and boarders. Good luck on your search.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 6:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All these should be on your demo list:
Malibu XTI
Tige' 22I
Nauti SV211
Supra Launch

By Jon Allen (jon_a) on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 8:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
to add to the list above, Supra Launch LTS and Any of the Moomba Mobius Series besides the XLV.

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 11:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Depends on the skiing level. If they are a course skier the above mentioned boats listed by Darren probably wouldn't be that great. If wakeboarding is priority and open water slalom is a second priority that is a great list.

Slalom over wakeboard:
MC ProStar 197
Malibu Response LXi and Sunsetter LXi
Launch LTS

By Bill (00prostar205v) on Monday, November 15, 2004 - 2:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a MC 205V and it is a pretty good ski boat for a vdrive. Add a pylon and it would be a good crossover boat. As Nick indicated, however, it depends on the skiing level. I run mine through the slalom course at 15 and 22 off, but if you have really good skiers aspiring to cut rope I doubt you'd be happy with any vdrive. The 205V is an interesting boat b/c it is a 205 hull with a vdrive config and it skis pretty damn good for a vdrive, yet if you add ballast and a tower it becomes an X2 or pre 2003 X star. Also check out the MC X-7. I would suggest asking yourself what is more important, skiing or boarding, and then make your list

By Dave Garland (dgarland0) on Monday, November 15, 2004 - 2:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I will also mention the Calabria Cal-Air. It is a DD with a good slalom wake and 750 lbs of internal ballast that fills in 60 sec. and drains in 30 secs. Check it out. You can see a pic of ours in my profile. We love it!!

dg

By good day for boating (ccraftskierfan) on Monday, November 15, 2004 - 3:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We own a '04 DD Malibu Wakesetter, now known as the I-Ride. Ordered with a 340hp Monsoon, 500 lb. mid ballast tank and wedge. Great handling boat with higher gunnels, nice rampy wake and excellent for a crossover boat.

(Message edited by ccraftskierfan on November 15, 2004)

By SulMaxwell (sulmaxwell) on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 4:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Prostar 209 or X9
best I have found for all around..non weighted great slalom wakes...weighted it has fantastic WB wakes...I am constantly amazed with it's diversity and overall ergonomics
email me if you want more info...

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 10:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
22I

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com