Speaker/Amp Problem Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Speaker/Amp Problem « Previous Next »
By Pierce Bronkite (pierce_bronkite) on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 3:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok here is my issue. I have four Interior speakers and two tower speakers with two amps and one sub. Everything sounds good until the moment I start going around 10 + mph. The problem that I have is that the speakers loose power and can only here the sub. This only happens if I have the speakers turned up at a good level and I am moving. However whenever I am at iddle or have the engine off the systems sounds fine.

I checked the oblivious such as wiring and connections to the battery but donít have a clue on what it could be. Batteries are fully charged too. Any suggestions?

By Scott (buttskimmer) on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 4:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maybe its just me - but are trying to say that your stereo system looses volume while running??? This is different than the natural loss of sound from wind and engine noise when running??????

By Pierce Bronkite (pierce_bronkite) on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 5:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes. Its a very noticeable difference. You can hear it loud and clear then all of the sudden the sound drops and can only hear the sub on.

By Mike (mikeski) on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 2:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sounds like an intermittent short to me? How are your amps wired, one to subs the other to the speakers and tower? What kind of amp are you using on the highs? Did you add anything recently? Try disconnecting the tower or boat speaks and see if it still does it. Do some more troubleshooting, sure to be a PITA.

By Pierce Bronkite (pierce_bronkite) on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 4:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike, yes I think it is an intermittent short. One amp is wired to the interior & tower speakers, It is a Kenwood 4 channell. The other amp is a RF Punch wired to the sub.

I did not add anything or change antyhing out on the boat. It just one day started doing it.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, November 15, 2004 - 2:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Drop all your speaker wires off and put them back on one by one while trying to replicate the problem. If the problem is always there then RCA's have a short, if it comes in with one speaker then its the speaker wire.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com