Looking at buying 1987 Malibu Skier Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Looking at buying 1987 Malibu Skier « Previous Next »
By jhm (firedude2000) on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 9:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does it throw a nice wake? Good quality boat or not?

By walt (walt) on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 6:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't know about the 87 but a friend of mine has a 93 Euro that has a really nice wake. He is selling it if your looking for a boat. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/196408.html?1098466727

By Hypo (hypo303) on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
heres mine its a 90 malibu skier with 1500lbs of ballast
malibu skier

not the best pic of the wake but the wake is pretty good
this boat is also for sell

By David Mason (rocketman) on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 3:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
jhm,

I've got a 1990 as well. I love it. I run about 900 lb ballast with 3-4 people. Even back when we only ran 500 lb ballast, my friend would consistently get 6-7 feet of air, and 8-9 on the double-up.

That '87 boat looks like it was taken care of. Since it is an older boat, and has wood construction, I'd check to make sure the floor isn't soft anywhere indicating wood rot. Also, do a compression check on the engine.

One thing to consider as well. A lot of people say that the old Ski Nautique 2001s throw the best wake out there. I haven't had a chance to ride in one yet, so I'm only going off of what I heard. Anyway, if you decide to go that route, try to find a 1989 SN2001, because I read somewhere that 1989 is the year that they started using the AME5000 resin system on the fiberglass, which is the same resin system they use today.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com