Carpet Replacement Options Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Carpet Replacement Options « Previous Next »
By Luke (lukeduke95) on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 3:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey All,

I want to replace the carpet in my 2001. I was wondering what kind of carpet people have used.

I really like the carpet in the new mastercrafts (when it's crumb free) anyone buy any?

Someone mentioned Lowes has marine carpet that matches the Nautique carpet got any pics of it?

Heres a shot of my interior.

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 3:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
your carpet looks fine? what's wrong with it? try www.boatcarpetonline.com I was curious about getting the factory mastercraft carpet as well. Can it be purchased form the dealer?

By Luke (lukeduke95) on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 6:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There is no "carpet" left to it. It's flat like a sheet stretched across plywood. I want some soft nice carpet.

By jude (macdaddy) on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 7:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey luke! I was thinking you should go retro!! a nice, high pile shag!!! my grandma has blue shag it would match your boat great! if you want i will ask hef if we can rip it out of her den. By the way nice CHOME

By Chaun Keating (big_poppa_pump) on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 7:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Most of the major manufacturers get their carpet from Syntec Industries.

MasterCraft and Malibu get it from here, maybe Nautique too but I'm not too sure about that one. I bought a pretty good sized roll from them to match the carpet in my 99 X-Star.

http://www.syntecind.com/

You can also pick up some limited styles and colors of Syntec from http://westmarine.com.

By eric fox (fox) on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Luke,

I like the LED's in your boat. Where did you get them? I was thinking of replacing the carpet with something like snapdown so I could take it out to vacuum and to clean with the carpet cleaner. I'm watching to see what people come up with.

Eric

By Luke (lukeduke95) on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 9:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
led's I bought from www.besthongkong.com, they are hella bright. Drawback is they are just the individual led, you have to wire up the led's resistors, and power. It is kinda time consuming.

I got some plastic chanel from taps plastics and drilled holes every 1" and basically linked them together. They are 6 foot lengths on each side of the boat and a 2 foot length under the drivers. I need to get a diffuser to put over them as I don't like the direct beam they produce.

They are hella bright at night though!

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 9:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Luke: I have the Varad LED's in my boat and they do the same thing. Had you thought of placing the LED's closer together on your next set so the beam might blend together better? no bigie.

The Snap in carpet seems like a good Idea. The only bad I have heard is that the carpet when its bound and backed is quite thick and heavy. When you get it wet you should take the snap in carpet out and let it hang dry so that there is no moisture between the stock carpet and the snap in. IMO getting a large wet peice in and out of your boat would become a pain.

You can buy Marine carpet in a few diffrent colors from Keystone in SF they are a wholesale upostrey shop or go to any upolstrey shop and have them order it for you. Try California upolstrey in San Carlos on El Camino, thats where I get my stuff from.

By Luke (lukeduke95) on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thought about placing them closer together, but decided
A- way to bright, really bright right now.
B- way to many LED's I have something like 45+ leds per side and it took about an hour to wire.

I don't want snap in carpet, no need to have to clean 2 sets of carpet.

Major reconstruction on the 2001 this winter. want to add underfloor storage and new carpet, so need to reinforce everything.

More pics of led's

this is a setup I made for my roommates skydiving party. No lights on the airfield, so they needed some lighting over the taps. I used all the parts from my house kegerator to setup a bar off the back of his truck. Big tarp to line the bed then put in 8 kegs of fat tire and filled the rest with ice!

By eric fox (fox) on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 8:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Luke,

That does look super tedious on the wiring. I remember looking at the best hong kong website, but I was a bit worried about ordering from them. Something about it didn't seem up to my snif test back then. I may check it out again, as the other avenues I was looking at have not panned out.

Good point about the snap in carpet staying wet and perhaps ruining the original stuff. I hadn't considered those points. That's the good thing about telling other people your ideas.

Eric

By Luke (lukeduke95) on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 6:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I actually Macgyvered it a little. One night at work, I layed out 3 led's in order a resistor and then soldered a whole lotta sets together. I drilled the channel from both sides and they would slide right into place. I used speakerwire as it is already bonded together and just shaved off spots to solder it onto. (tried to group + and - together). Took some time.

Besthongkong seemed a little fishy to me to at first, but people on other sites got there stuff so I figured I would give it a try.

By Mike (mikeski) on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 7:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Try hitting the tips of the LEDs with a grinder or file (lightly). I think a few scratches will diffuse the light.

By jude (macdaddy) on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 9:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
so is that a no on the shag???

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com