more winterize questions.. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » more winterize questions.. « Previous Next »
By Kal Cotter (kalcotter) on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 6:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
When you put your fake a wake under the boat, does the boat actually suck the water through, or is the pressure of the hose pushing the water through. And why do you need to flush the boat with water? Arenít you just flushing water with water? Or do you only flush it if you put your boat in salt water? Iím also wondering, if I put my fake a lake under the boat with the other end of the hose in a bucket of antifreeze, and start the engine will the engine suck the antifreeze out of the bucket. Iíve read some articles but talking with someone may help me understand better.

Thanks!

By Levi Cress (levi) on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 12:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The boat sucks the water through. The hose may push a bit of water up in but when it gets to the strainer (if you have one) or the water pump then it'd be stopped.

Some people flush just to not have nasty river/lake water in their engine. I probably wouldn't worry about it unless the water was really dirty. If you ride in salt water then it's a must if you just don't go w/ a closed cooling system.

I'm not totally sure if it would suck enough to pull from the bucket? especially uphill w/o any pressure. It's better if you could take the raw water intake hose off and get it into the bucket and it should work then. Those plunger style fake-a-lakes are ok..but if you want to make your life easy get one of these.... http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DP6&variation=&aitem=1&mitem=4

I installed one on my boat last year and it makes everything really easy. and then you don't get all wet crawling under your boat w/ the fake-a-lake.

By Patt Smulsky (p_e_ski) on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 8:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Levi, I put the flush pro on my boat and it makes the everyday flushing a whole lot easier. Only problem is how to use it for running antifreeze through the block. when I hooked up my 5 gallon jug of antifreeze, it did not create enough pressure on the garden hose side to push the spring. Do you winterize with this if so, how do you do it. I just kind of winged it, but I'm sure there is a better way.

By Levi Cress (levi) on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 4:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There should have been a little black plug thing you put in before you screw on the hose which holds the spring open. Mine was attached right to the flush pro and I just leave it on there. Also, you should get under the boat and put some duct tape over your fresh water pickup so that it will not suck air through the water line. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll get you some pics or something..........

By Patt Smulsky (p_e_ski) on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 7:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You are right about the plug. Found out that there is a piece missing from my flushpro. this piece looks like a sleeve that fits in the garden hose intake hole and keeps the spring open so the antifreeze can go in under gravity feed.they are shipping me one. good cutomer service.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com