Fuel Filter? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Fuel Filter? « Previous Next »
By Squid (twakess) on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2001 San. I am wondering how often I should change my fuel filter. Also are they hard to change?

By Patrick Adams (patrick_adams) on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 12:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Teh fuel filter is easy to change. It is in the FCC (fuel Control Cell???). It is a spin off metal cylinder on the front right hand side of the motor (looking from the front). When you order a new filter from Skidim.com or someone it should come with a new o-ring. I replace my once a year. If you have any further questions send me a private message and I will help where I can.

By Wakejunky (wakejunky) on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 5:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, it's seems easy enough to change but, these things can be a mother to take off sometimes.
It's the long black canister at the front of the engine. Basically comes off like an oil filter. If you don't have enough room or can get it to budge, you can disconnect the electrical and the two fittings on the top and then the 3 9/16" bolts on top and bring it to a work bench to get a better hold of it. Just remember to drain the fuel out.
When you replace the filter fill the canister up with fuel prior to installation. Or cycle the ignition a few times prior to starting to fill it.

Chris
Get the Grip You Deserve
www.wakejunky.com

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com