Fiberglass? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Fiberglass? « Previous Next »
By Daniel Liguori (dliguori) on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 2:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
To those of you who I see with incredible fiberglass tower speaker pods and sub enlosures - How did you learn to do all that? Was it just trial and error? Have any of you used instructional videos such as the one I list bellow? For my truck I'm building a sub enclosure but I'm struggling on a few things and am wondering if these more visual approaches might help. Thanks for your help and I've got to say I have a new found respect for those of you with skills in glassing.

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/secure_order_insider_secrets.htm

By Jay Carter (jayc) on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 6:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm all self taught. Glass is easy stuff to work with, messy but easy.

Just give it a try as its cheap enough to experiment with. There are loads of guides on the net so have a look around.
Video will help but not needed really as nothing beats the learning curve of a ahnds on approach.

By Daniel Liguori (dliguori) on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 11:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good Point! Thanks Jay!

By Brad Birlew (bradb) on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 12:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've never made a speaker box, but I've fiberglassed kayaks before, and I have to agree with Jay. I had no previous experience, but it is really easy to work with.
Check out www.alpine-usa.com and look under the support menu at the demo car instalation pictures. That might give you an idea as to how some of it is done.
Lots of guys on here have lots of experience working with glass too, if you have any questions, just ask!
B

By Wakejunky (wakejunky) on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 4:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Go to JLaudio's web page they have a pretty good instruction on making a mold for making a speaker box.
It the same principles apply to what you want to do.

Chris
Get the Grip You Deserve
www.wakejunky.com

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 2:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out http://www.wetboxtowers.com/speaker.html and watch eBay as there are people that make the boxes if your ever looking for a tower speaker box. Maybe they'll give you some pointers? Another one is http://www.fiberglassfixation.com/box.html

I worked with glass a good bit in my younger years and it takes a while to get good. The people doing the molds and projects out of glass that look so insane are truly artists!

By Daniel Liguori (dliguori) on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 3:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks, these are some really good links!!! The JL site has some really good info and the other links are giving me a lot of new ideas. I better keep myself in check on this one. Anyways, thanks for the help guys, I appriciate it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com