any thoughts on '96 MB Sports? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » any thoughts on '96 MB Sports? « Previous Next »
By fifi trixabelle (fifitrixabelle) on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 1:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It seems to be in the price range and a good starter boat for the price. Anyone have thoughts on this?

By MB Tom (tcaton) on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 2:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What model MB is it. They are a well made boat so if the price is right it would be a nice starter boat.

By fifi trixabelle (fifitrixabelle) on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 9:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey, thanks for posting! Its a 200ls for 14,500.00. Right now its sitting on a used car lot locally, they have left it uncovered for the winter apparenty. I am just hoping it is a good deal and if there are any speifics I need to look/watch out for? Thanks again...

By fifi trixabelle (fifitrixabelle) on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 9:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey, how funny I just looked at your profile and I am in Vancouver, WA too.

By MB Tom (tcaton) on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 11:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
By locally do you mean a lot in vancouver How many hours on it and are they will to let sombody look at it to check it out. Other than that if it is in good shape sounds like a pretty good deal

By fifi trixabelle (fifitrixabelle) on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's on a lot on 82nd in Portland. I have looked at it and it looks pretty clean, with the exception of being out in the weather. The seats are full of rain water, and it needs to be buffed out. 240 hours. I believe its pretty nice underneth too.

By MB Tom (tcaton) on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 9:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would see if they will let you take it to AWS and have it checked out if so and they say it is ok I would go for it.

By fifi trixabelle (fifitrixabelle) on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 11:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, I guess its worth a try. Do you happen to know how much it would be to have them check it out? You know, just a guess?

By MB Tom (tcaton) on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 12:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would say right around a 100 bucks you could call them and find out for sure there number is 503-650-5991. Are the people at the lot willing to put it in the waterfor a test drive or do you have anybody that can go with you to check the boat out.

By fifi trixabelle (fifitrixabelle) on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 3:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm going to go with no on that... We figured we would try to ask if they would take 13k cash. The guy was speaking Arabic to someone else, saying the uncle was the original owner and payed 58k for it originally (which I find hard to believe) but anyway the guy obviously got offended at the 13k offer and didn't even care to take our number (like a decent salesman should). But thats pretty low hours, and I could find some way to test it there, or the boat isn't going home with me... :-) b/t/w, thanks for all the suggestions. You've been very helpful so far.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com