Stereos Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Stereos « Previous Next »
By JJ BAginski (openwydr) on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 2:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am going to redo the stereo system in our 1990 Mastercraft. What are your suggestions for a quality stereo with out breaking the bank? Also Where is the best location for the sub? Who are good dealers to deal with. I am able to do install myself.

Thanks

SB

By Patt Smulsky (p_e_ski) on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 5:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We have a factory installed system in our 04 Centurion. It has a Sony Xplod am/fm/cd/xm ready head unit, 10" Kicker sub, 300w Kicker amp, and 4 Sony 6.5 speakers throughout. These pieces are very nice and you should be able to get all of them without breaking the bank. Our sub under the driver side dash. Not sure where else you could put it. Good luck.

By Mike (mikeski) on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 7:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is a link to the writeup I did on my stereo, it's a very cost effective system includes links to suppliers.

http://bierbower.net/diytower/Boat%20stereo%20system.doc

By mike (clubmyke) on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 9:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
would suggest with the following...

jl amps- they have a new e series that is a great deal, reliable, and sound great (they are stock on the new mastercraft boats)

image dynamics- idq subs - very reliable, sounds great, efficent, and work well in a very small enclosure ( 10" - .5 cubic feet and 12"-.85 cubic feet)

image dynamic speakers- ctx series, not that expensive and sound great

head units - your choice... i run eclipse head units with a marine cover and they have a ir remote.

here is a price breakdown:

eclipse deck - $250 (new)
jl amp- $350-$450 (new - 5 channel)
speakers(2 pair) - $150-$175 (new)
sub (1)12"- $165 (sound domain)
install $200 (shop installed)
box $75 (pre-made)

total $1265

you will have a killer sounding, reliable system. to do better you will have to spend ALOT more..

good luck,
mike

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com