tower mounting pics Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » tower mounting pics « Previous Next »
By powerz (powerz) on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 1:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hi need some pics of tower mounting stuff for self building like this(pic) but more and different, thx
mountings

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 9:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out www.diyTower.com and the instruction manuals of all the tower builders at http://www.worldwakeboardcouncil.com/links.html

By walt (walt) on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 9:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Could You be more specific ?

By powerz (powerz) on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 6:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
already seen this site, its very good
just want to build my own tower

so i need some different ways solving the problem of linking the tower to the boat body

By allan novotny (canada_air) on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 9:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I USED SOME MOUNTS FROM A GUY BY THE NAME OF RAUL. HE HAD WELD FEET THAT ATACHED TO TOWER ANDTHE MOUNT KITS CAME WITH BACKING PLATES AND SCREWS AND GASKETS FOR BETWEEN THE PLATE AND FIBERGLASS. DO SOME SEARCHES HERE AND ON WAKEBOARDER.COM FOR HIS E-MAIL ADDRES MAYBE HE CAN SEND YOU PICS. I BELIEVE HE USED TO WORK FOR BOSS

By paul (wakeme884) on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 11:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

front mount on pro flight
rear mount dealer used front drink holder for tower mount. this is a 2002 pro flight tower-factory mounted

By jeff (waterdog2) on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 8:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wich mount is less likely to crack your gel coat? 1 large bolt, or 3 or 4 small bolts? Air boom claims the 1 bolt type is better, any comments!

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 - 10:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think any tower builder would be hard pressed to prove their case with hard facts as to which is the best for minimizing gel coat stress. If you have 3/8" thick of glass any should be fine. If you are concerned build up under where your going to mount with extra glass.

It's my opinion that using Heim joints / rod end bearings or equal metion to eliminate torsional stress at the mounts will reduce the possibility of stress cracking. Having rubber pads on both sides of the boat helps as well.

Whatever holes you end up with chamfer the gelcoat and keep the stress away from the hole.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com