tower speakers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » tower speakers « Previous Next »
By Patt Smulsky (p_e_ski) on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 7:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
for those of you that installed your own speakers, what did you use for a wiring harness. What did you use as a quick disconnect where the tower meets the hull.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 9:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just used wiring loom with tape, see below. If you want really nice connectors use Neutrik or Amp connectors, tons of options available depending on how your wiring everything up.

For wiring just run 16 ga wire from the speakers, through the tower, into the boat and to your amps.

By Travis Allen (boatdoc53) on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 9:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Fabricated wiring harness and used "circular plastic connectors" available from Hi Line. The connectors are kind of a pain to assemble (takes a special crimping tool) and are somewhat delicate. Seems like most of the other "weather pack" style connectors are really bulky (especially if you have multiple speakers, lights, etc.) These Hi Line ones are about the best I could find. Check out their website.

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
wire loom and rubber gomets. I ran the speaker wires on one side and the power wires for the lights on the other,

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com