Supra Mariah Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Supra Mariah « Previous Next »
By Nathan (turtlepok) on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 7:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am looking at a 1990 Supra Mariah with 603 hrs and am wondering what are some of the problems I should look for. Also wanted to find out what peoples thoughts are on this boat. Is it good for both wakeboarding and skiing. If you have one with a tower please post a picture of it.

By Paul (psudy) on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 7:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nathan, Is it a Supra Direct Drive, or a Mariah I/O?

By Nathan (turtlepok) on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 8:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Supra DD

By Keith (rkg) on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 11:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can not remember when they swithed from wood floors. Mine was an 88 or 89. The floor in front of the pylon and behind the engine had to be replaced due to rot. Was not horribly expensive though. My biggest gripe was weighting meant bags all on the floor and walking over them. Storage was hard to come by (the play pen up front was nice, but divided into compartments so it killed putting big stuff up there.

I only did the extended pylon on mine. Those years were some of Supras best. Only recently have they got back up to those same quality standards.

By Nathan (turtlepok) on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much did it cost to have fixed? How many hrs did you have on yours. How was it for wakeboarding and skiing?

By chuck deblois (chuckd) on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 10:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an 88 and I really like it. It has a manual wake plate on it that changes the wake a lot. With it all the up good for wakeboarding and all the way down good for skiing. I have 2 big sacs in it(flip a switch to fill/empty), one in the bow and 1 in the rear locker and the wake is great. I ride behind a Super Air too and have just as much fun. It has the 454 engine so plenty of power. The only thing it needs is perfect pass. The floor behind the motor box in mine needed to be replaced but it is easy. It is around 18"x 24" and pops right out. I will take a pic of it with the tower next weekend.

By Derek House (munky_flip) on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 11:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 1990 supra sunsport. It is the smaller version of the Mariah. I dont know how much of a difference there is between the two but i have to agree with Keith. I have a monster tower on mine. It may give you an idea of what a mariah would look like.

By Nathan (turtlepok) on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 8:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the info. Chuck and Derek could you post or e-mail me some pictures of your boats, I am interested in how they look with the tower.

By Greg Moylan (x9_greg) on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 1:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
personally i would not buy a supra. i think you would have better luck with a mastercraft or a natique because they are manufactured better and supra tends to cut corners and skimp on a lot of little things that add up. that is my personal opinion. i would just look into the craftmanship of the boat before you buy it and compare it to others.

By Sean Bouse (sean123) on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 9:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Greg...

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.. Just because you say you have an X9.. ARe you and Norm (Bigworm) related?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com