Perfect Pass Settings Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Perfect Pass Settings « Previous Next »
By Big Dog (air_sv211) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 7:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I added 1000 lbs to my SV-211 and have noticed that when I take off with a rider in tow the speed goes higher than it used to before it settles down. It also goes further up and down from set speed before making adjustments than it used to. From reading the PP manual I think I need to go up on the KDW and down on the NN values. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they would recomend for settings on these values.

Thanks

By Jim Aikins (ccryder) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 7:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
From what I have seen on a couple different boats, the NN will probably be the same, just raise the KDW so it will react quicker. Good Luck

By trace (trace) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 8:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you're correct; in general, when adding weight you should raise KDW and lower NN. NN sets how many pulses from the paddlewheel the module looks at before making a correction in speed, and KDW controls how aggressively it reacts to a speed discrepancy. try starting with KDW around 120, and NN around 80.

also, when pulling up a rider, try to hit the set speed instead of just flooring it & letting PP do it all. it will settle into the right speed much more quickly. same with turns.

By Big Dog (air_sv211) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 10:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yea I do that but trying to get my wife to do that when she is pulling me up is a different story.

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 2:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"also, when pulling up a rider, try to hit the set speed instead of just flooring it & letting PP do it all. it will settle into the right speed much more quickly. same with turns. "

This applies more to when you have aot of weight in your baot. My PP goes crazy if I don't do this when fully weighted. It may take a bit longer to plane but the PP will work better.

By Mike (mikeski) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 4:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My perfect pass is older, no paddle wheel, RPM based so it is a much bigger issue with my setup. I tell my drivers to accelerate until the bow starts to drop then you are pretty close to the correct speed. This only works when the boat is heavily loaded.

By Big Dog (air_sv211) on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 4:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I found my problem, when I went in the program I found the KDW was set on 49 and the NN was on 120. I changed the KDW to 120 and the NN to 80 as recomended. Someone must have reset it by accident.

By Jim P (ajwaker) on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 6:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Try putting your NN back to 120 or higher,I have mine on 160. Also, you could raise KDW a little more. I have a SessionSI @ weight over 4,000lbs pulse 1400lbs ballast. I like it better at these settings. Once you get use to making these adjustments, its no big deal.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com