alabama rules???????????? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » alabama rules???????????? « Previous Next »
By ryan (powerstroke) on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 10:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i plan to buy a boat from a guy this weekend but one problem is he can only give me a bill of sale. does this sound about right for alabama no titles he says. oh and the trailer he said doesn't need a license plate. is this true.

By Stacy Hays (ifishok) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 6:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I ran into the same problem in Tenn. I went to Tenn to look at a boat and wanted to buy it, work out a deal and I asked about the title, he said "title"? We don't don't have titles in Tenn. I went back to the Hotel without the boat. So the next morning I called the local boat dealers in Tenn and asked them about it and they said the same thing thing, no titles in Tenn. I called the tag office in Oklahoma and they said that's normal and all I would need is a bill of sale and have it notarized. Also he had a state registration card which they needed too. Went home with the boat and had no problems getting a title. I would check with your states tag offices and the boat dealers in Alabama.

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
different states have different laws regarding baot titles and trailers

By Trey Woods (saintb) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 2:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan,
Alabama law does not require registration of boat trailers or titling of vessels. Check out the official Alabama website - http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/boating/registration.cfm. Make sure to ask for the latest registration certificate

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com