Help! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Help! « Previous Next »
By Jeff Mason (air_bordan) on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 4:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The other day I was winterizing my boat and Murrayís Law struck again. I have 1997 Ski Brendella with a Mercruiser 350 Magnum Tournament Ski. I had the engine running to warm it up and when I took the spark arrestor off. The back of the metal spark arrestor touched the two electrical contacts of the solenoid. This caused the electrical system to short out and it killed the engine. When I tried to re-start the engine I had absolutely no power. I checked the 50 amp breaker on the engine and the breakers on the dash and none of them were tripped. Iím assuming there is an inline fuse somewhere that I canít find. Does anybody know where this might be? Can anybody give me a lead here? I need to get my boat winterized as it is starting to get really cold here in OR. Iím hoping I didnít really screw something up. Is their any chance that this short could have blown my ICM moduleÖbecause that would be a very expensive mistake! Thanks.

By Wake Products (tahoe) on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 4:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Murrays Law ? That explains the knee now :-)

No Clue about your engine ?
I would call Mercury.

By Jeff Mason (air_bordan) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 1:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anybody have a contact number for Mercury?

By Jay (jaweitekamp) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 2:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There is an in-line fuse right on the solenoid of the starter. I had this go out before on the water. needless to say I keep a spare on in the boat now. I think it cost me about $20 to replace it. It doesn't look like a fuse but it is on the hot (red) wire contact that connects from the battery to the starter solenoid. HOpe this helps

By Jeff Mason (air_bordan_) on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 7:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks! I'm not sure I would have ever found this.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com