Home made iPod holder Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Home made iPod holder « Previous Next »
By Wakejunky (wakejunky) on Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 7:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
took me a few tries but, I think I got one that'll work. Haven't tried it in "real" world. Kinda like the location.

By alan plotz (alanp) on Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 8:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that looks pretty sweet. do you know if you can run an ipod without a head unit? i.e. directly into an eq then to an amp?

By Patrick Conroy (wakeboarder2687) on Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 8:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've been looking into Ipods, what I've been looking at is the way to connect them. I've seen this thing they have that you put on your ipod, then it sends music to your FM radio, wireless. Anyone use this? Is that holder made out of heated plexiglass/plastic? Looks like a good design.

By Wakejunky (wakejunky) on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 8:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are a few ways to hook up your iPod to your stereo, through the head unit via external input, tapping into the head units CD changer wiring, FM transmitter or w/o head unit into an EQ, as you can see, this was my means. Problem with EQ is that you have to have all your speakers on amps.
The iPod was holder was made out of 3/16" plexiglass that I heated and bent to shape. Then I sweated the edges to smooth them out. It took me about 5 or 6 tries with cutting the final shape and then getting the bends proper. I figure it's probably the best alternative to hooking it up and putting it into a storage, this way you can see what you're getting.
I did try it with the ABS carbon looking plastic but, it's a little bit harder to work with for bending. Would have been cool and my be my next generation.
On the connection side, I picked up a charger/high level output connection that plugs into a cig lighter and then has a 3.5mm connection for the stereo. So, I've got high level output into the EQ.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com