Joystick universal tower - Is it any ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Joystick universal tower - Is it any good? « Previous Next »
By Jay Carter (jayc) on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 3:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just bought one at a very good price but couldnīt find any reviews for it on here. Lots of people have the roll cage tower and say its a good tower for the money but I have bought the next one up so I cn only assume its even better.

Iīm using it to replace the tower I made myself for my mastercraft 190. The tower it is replacing whilst it does the job its not up to supporting my custom speaker box housing 4 6x9s as it has too much flex with the extra weight hanging from it.

So has anyone got the joystick tower with a big speaker box hanging from it? Or anyone want to make a comment about the tower?

Cheers

Jay

By Karl De Looff (boarditup) on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 4:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very strong. It does the job well.

By Jay Carter (jayc) on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 4:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Great thats what I wanted to hear!

By Karl De Looff (boarditup) on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 7:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just rememeber, it is large diameter, thick wall tubing - the thickest on the market. You may have trouble getting brackets to fit.

By John Klein (jklein) on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 11:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the universal. Karl is right about the diameter. I think Raul's clamps will fit though.

Also be careful about how you install the tower. If the rear posts are not 90 degrees perpendicular to the hull, the board racks will not work cause they'll be tilted at an angle.

Other than that, it's a pretty good tower. I've had no problems with mine. It does take a bit of time to collapse it cause you have to take out four bolts. BTW, put some anti-cease on all bolts cause the stainless steel bolts will cease up on you. I also put some plywood behind each mount inside the boat to spread out the load. I've had no gelcoat cracks or anything in over 2 1/2 years, and we really crank on that thing.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com