weight in 81 ski tique Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » weight in 81 ski tique « Previous Next »
By Dan Clemson (dclems) on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 11:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry for putting up ANOTHER thread about weighting, but I just bought my first boat(I'm in college so cheap was the category I was looking in). I read almost every article in here on weighting trying to figure out what to put in it. I've seen everything from only needing 300 lbs to over 2000. I was thinking of just putting 250 lb side sacs on each side, will this be enough? For those that don't know the boat is only 16.5', I don't know what the max weight in it is... I haven't picked it up yet. But if anybody is out there with experience with this type boat let me know. Also how much weight will need a new prop, it has the stock 3-blade on it. Any help is good.

By 882001 (882001) on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 2:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
being 16.5' i would say the 250s on both sides should do it.with a couple of peeps . it wont take that much to push that boat down in the water. and add if you think you need to. i wouldnt go crazy on the first couple of trips.

By Duane Wheeler (wakebordr11) on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 8:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
if you are looking for cheap weight, skylon HD phat buddies are your ticket, coverless design and strong. I swear by mine

By Dan Clemson (dclems) on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 5:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
sounds good, looks like i'm gonna go w/ the 250's

By will clary (wakemaniac69) on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 11:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi Dan, I have an 80 Ski Nautique, basically the same boat as yours, only 18' long. I use two 250# bags beside the engine, one 600# bag in the rear and 225# of sand bags in the bow. It pushes the boat down about 6" to 7" in the water. Makes for a huge wake and huge air time. I use the stock 13x13 Stainless prop and it pulls with no problem at all.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com