12 V heater blanket or Hot Wrap blanket Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » 12 V heater blanket or Hot Wrap blanket « Previous Next »
By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 12:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone have any input? I am hoping to ride during the cooler months.

12V heater blanket is ~$50
the Hot Wrap is $109 @ www.boardersparadise.com

Does either work well? Is the Hot Wrap that much better? Should I buy some fleece and nylon material and make my own heater blanket?

thanks

By Grant Stewart (elmog) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 2:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
After seeing the 'hot wrap', I'm thinking about buying the nicest lined fleece blanket I can find, cut a slit in the seam and have grandma sew some velcro in it.

By Lucky Charms (lchamaschuk) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 2:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's what I did. I bought some fleece for about $15 and told my mom what to sew. Works great.

By wetirish (wetirish) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 3:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was thinking about buying the 12v blanket. I think you can buy them on ebay for about $40. No vent pipe to worry about, just a warm wrap. Let me know what you find out.

By cdm (cdm) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 4:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used a heated blanet this fall already. worked great!! And it was in the closet!!

CDM

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 8:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what the heck makes a "hot wrap" worth $109?

I have been taking a $10 blanket and using it on the boat and stuffing the heater vent hose up under the blanket for years. Is adding a velco strap to hold the heater hose in place worth another $100 ?????

Rod

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 5:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I decided to make my own hot wrap. I bought fleece and "sport nylon" from a fabric store, I can't sew, so I am paying an auto upholstry shop 20 bucks to sew them together.

We'll see how it works.....

By Andrew Farr (hockeynriding03) on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 9:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a hot wrap that I bought off of Boarders Paradise and I have to say it is really nice. Its windproof and really warm. I dont know if its worth $100+ though.

By davidgree (davidgree1) on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 11:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 12v blankets are on sale from skilimited.com for $17.

By wetirish (wetirish) on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 11:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I looked on skilimited.com to by a 12v blanket the price was $34.99? Where are the $17. blankets located on the site?

By davidgree (davidgree1) on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 10:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got the smaller blanket for 17, They must be all out. The one you see is half off and is a larger blanket.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com