stupid ? about shaft rotation, rh or lh Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » stupid ? about shaft rotation, rh or lh « Previous Next »
By alan plotz (alanp) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 8:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
if i am standing at the back of the boat. looking to the bow and the shaft is spinning to the left do i then have a left hand rotation boat? or is it indicated by looking from the bow to the stern in which the shaft would rotate to the right making it a rh rotation boat? just looking to buy a prop and wanna make sure i get the right prop.

By Mark Anderson (puckinshat) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 8:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
good question, I think its from the rear. I know the majority of inboards, like your MC, are one way, and then nautiques are the other.

By Sean M (magic) on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 9:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think that is stamped on the prop too. When looking at the prop on the boat from behind it, counter-clockwise is Lefthand and clockwise rotation is Righthand rotation.

Take a look at http://www.acmemarine.com/html/list.html you will notice that for skiboats, only Nautique are righthand props.

By alan plotz (alanp) on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hmm well i need to be sure i dont wanna buy a new prop and it not work. i too thought that mc were rh and used 1 inch prop shafts however the prop says it is 1 1/8 too which ads to the mystery of it.

By Bill Zollinger (lsupcar) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 9:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You were right with your first immpression. Stand at the stern looking forward, if the prop spins to the right to drive the boat forward, right hand prop, to the left, left hand. Bill Z

By Grant Stewart (elmog) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 11:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
MC uses 1 1/8 and 1". It will be RH if it is an MC and if it is a direct drive with no gear reduction it will be 1". If it is Vdrive or ddrive with slot, it will be 1 1/8.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com