lots of stereo questions Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » lots of stereo questions « Previous Next »
By Ronia Savage (ladythump) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 6:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've been reading through the archives to get some ideas, but most of you are driving 22 foot boats that have a ton of space in them. I want to upgrade the stereo in my 20 ft Ski Brendella. It does not have a tower.

I'll probably have at least two amps, a couple subs, and lots of speakers. My question, where should I put all this stuff? The boat is a closed bow and there is not much room in the boat to begin with. Please send me ideas with photos. Thanks guys! Oh, I'll probably also have to add a second battery since the boat I'm getting all the stereo equipment from has a battery specifically for the stereo.

By Paul (psudy) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 6:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
One of my friends has a PS190 and he put all the subs and amps in the closed bow. It acted like a big box. The bass is incredible, but make sure you have good midrange speakers to compensate.

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 7:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got 2 12's in a cheap box in the bow of my PS 190 and it hts pretty hard, you can hear and feel it when cruising. I don't have alto of power goingot them either. aroudn 150 watts RMS

By Mike (mikeski) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 11:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi Ronia,

I ski behind a boat just like yours quite often. In my buddies Brendella he has a deck in the factory location and 6.5" speakers on the sides toward the front, I assume your boat has the same now? You can probably do something similar to what I did with my Ski Nautique (closed bow). The subs under the bow facing back toward the driver do pretty well. I was limited to 8s in my location, most people are surprised that they are only 8s. Here is a link to a writeup for my system. BTW I didn't need to add an additional battery but I don't hang at the beach with my music playing either.

http://bierbower.net/diytower/Boat%20stereo%20system.doc

If you want to save yourself the trouble I will sell your the whole boat for $18k

By Ronia Savage (ladythump) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 11:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Right now we have a stereo on the factory location, it's blown from the boat getting swamped (another story) -- We have a sub in the bow, two speakers on the dash and two speakers on the sides down back.

By Ronia Savage (ladythump) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 12:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Also, I was wondering if anyone has speakers on their pylon. If you have a rack, how much room is left for speakers??

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 12:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I did on my old baot. You can buy what looks liek a big 3 inch color to mount regualr cans on , but it is expensive,. Every once in a while you can find them cheap on ebay, but I found some inexpensive 6x9 boxes expoxied them and psinted them black. then wen tot home depot and bought some clapms and 1.5 inch conduit and some u clamps painted them all balck and mounted them. I drilled a hole in the pylon to run the wires down. I also drilled holes throught the conduit and clamps and put a detent pin through it so I could flip them around and to kepp them from sliding on the conduit. PM me if you need more help on this idea. It looked pretty good, not great, but good

By Nate (norcalmalibu) on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 11:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey mike on your economy stereo, I was wondering if you could tell me a litle more on your wiring set up for your tower. Is there a place i can order for my tower to make it easier/ cleaner? ALso on your inline fuses for the heavy gauge power and ground were did you find them? thanks
nate

By Justin Waterson (jwat142) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 6:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nate,

I just got a bunch of wiring, fuses, dist. blocks, etc. from www.knukonceptz.com. It looks like really good stuff and you are buying direct, so it is cheaper than most places. You may want to check it out.

By Nate (norcalmalibu) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks alot Justin, that place is exactly what i was looking for I could not justify spending 30 bucks a inline fuse at best buy!

By 882001 (882001) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 2:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
heres my pylon setup

By Mike (mikeski) on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 3:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I get most of my little odds and ends from www.partsexpress.com, they have good heavy gauge inline fuses for reasonable prices. For tower speaker wire I used 4 conductor 12 gauge O2 free pro-audio cable from www.speakerrepair.com. Its really nice and heavy, I didn't even need grommets where it goes through the tower and hull.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com