boat decision Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » boat decision « Previous Next »
By Darrell Anderson (d_anderson) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 8:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Need some help, I am looking to purchase a new boat. I have looked at the 04 x2 and the 05 bu new v drive thou I have not test driven any of the boats yet. I have heard that the x2 has a gratwake but the ride is a little rough. The x 2 that I am looking at has a lot of up grades it has a motor upgrade perfect pass tower speakers and a mechcanical reel for the rope. The bu is stripped down I will need to add perfect pass a depth finder a bimini a stero and an extra pair of pop up cleats. What I am asking is which boat has the best overall performance and reliability.

By Karl Hartman (shredhead) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 8:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would not buy a boat without at least driving and riding behing it.
I checked out the 05 CC 211 & 216 this weekend and they are sweet!

By Brad C (whitewookie) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 8:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darrell, Here's the deal, anyone with an MC is going to say they are the best. Anyone with a BU is going to say the same thing. Same as CC and all the others. The fact of the matter is they are all awesome, reliable boats and you will NOT regret whatever decision you make. In my opinion her is how you should make your decision:

#1 - which dealer in your area is the best in regards to customer service and repair. This will be huge in the future.

#2 - Drive them all and see which one you like the best. Forget about the wake and make your decisions based on the handling, roominess, etc. They all have such similar wakes the difference is negligible.

On a side note, I just bought the new BU V-Ride with all the upgrades you spoke of. SICK! I love it.

By Jason Pribyl (skibum69) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 10:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darrell,
I agree with Brad,
I have an MC and love it. But I am checking out the '05 Bu's as well and might end up with one of those, I am taking a ride in the Bu this week and if the ride/drive/wake is comparable on the VLX to the X2 I have been looking at, it will come down to the dealer in my area.

By Alan (tigeal) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 11:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darrell, You must also consider how and were it will be used, Lake Powell with 8 or more on board the malibu would be my choice but if you are using it on small lake and not so many people then maybe an x-2 or SAN would be the way to go. My $.02
I have an 02 VLX that I love, awsome wake, roomy, and high quality but I am selling it to get DD air nautique because of our tinny lake conditions needing more precise handling and no concern for loading people onboard.
Good luck

By Craig R. Gutzmer (cgutzmer) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 12:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darrell, I have been out in drove/wakeboarded behind both. Both of these boats are absolutely great boats. The liked the throttle by wire in the X-2 that was a nice feature. The wake is the old X-star wake which is great nice and rampy. The 05 Bu Vlx handling is great. It drive almost as good if not better then my Direct drive. The wake is unbelievable with the wedge down. If I had to make a decision on which boat I would choose the Bu but thats just because of the price I think the Mastercraft is like 10g more but I like them boat. Great boats!!!

By Dominic Allen (usa_vlx) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 4:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darrell,
i was in the same situation as you last year. i couldn't decide between Malubu 04 VLX or MC 04
X-10. so to decide we test drove both boats on the same lake on hte same day. we drove the bu first and loved it there was no vibration in the engine. next we test drove a MC brand new and there was a little Vibration but still a nice looking boat. it was actually that little bit of vibration in the X-10 that was the reason we bought a brand new 04 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. we love the boat the wake is ablolutely enormous!!
Good Luck

By Matt (pittsy) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 4:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
X-2

By leo lasecki (malibuboarder75) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 5:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Also look at the wedge vs. no wedge. Do you want to be able to get a really nice stock wake or do you want to have to add an extra thousand lbs? I havnt test ridden either, but I like being able to add 1000lbs of shape with the flick of a wedge.

By Darrell Anderson (d_anderson) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 9:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for replying on this matter. I think buying a new car is easier than buying a boat, that is making a decision. I am farily new to the boating world just don't want to be unhappy with my decission. I plan to test drive both boats also plan to test drive a cc, then I will make a decission. I think it is a good idea to test all the boats on the same day that way the water conditions will be the same. Thanks again for all your imput.

By patrick mcconville (jetskiprosx) on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 3:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Malibu is a sweet boat, and the wedge is awsome, it really gives you a great pop off the wake!!!

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 7:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If it's between the VLX and X2

X2 for wake and handling, VLX for room, which is more important?

A couple of people I know have both, can't say anything bad about either one. One of the guys that rides behind the X-2 calls the wake "the black wall of death" though. nuff said right there...

By CBrown (powdrhound) on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 4:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
fuel consumption anyone??

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com