Adding shower to SAN Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Adding shower to SAN « Previous Next »
By RodE (gymboarder) on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 10:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has anyone evey attempted this project. If so can you give me some pointers on what I need to purchase and or ow to do this. I bought a 2004 Limited edition and it didnt come with a shower or center belly tank. That is next on my list.

By NautiqueJeff (planetnautique) on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 11:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There is a pretty thorough write-up for installing a shower in a Nautique at the link below. Do you have the Excalibur? I assume you do. If you happen to have the ZR-6, you'll have a few extra steps due to the closed cooling system.

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1226&highlight=shower

By Wakejunky (wakejunky) on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 11:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Installation is pretty straight forward. Get a kit from HeaterCraft and basically follow directions. The kit should come with the fittings for the block and return lines and plumbing to the front.
You'll have to remove the floorboard to get the hoses to the front, behind the kickpanel. Remove the kick panel and you'll mount the heater exchange back there someplace and then hook up the hoses. You'll have to find the circuit to the push panel for the heater on/off switching, might be pre-wired.
Not a bad job, just need to gain access to areas.

By RodE (gymboarder) on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 11:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the info. If forgot to search there before i asked this question.
Yes I have the excalibur engine.

By RodE (gymboarder) on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 11:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wakejunky I want to add a shower, not the heater. My boat already came with that.

By D O double G (d_o_double_g) on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 12:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
RodE, Heatercraft makes both heaters and showers for all makes of boats. They seem fairly straightforward to install.

Check out Wakeside.com. They have two setups from $165 heated/water temp and $445 which offers the heated and cooled water.

By Wakejunky (wakejunky) on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 1:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My bad...

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com

By Matthew Melvin (melvinator) on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 11:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/84572.html?1065589943

I did mine myself and it could be easily done for under $100, chances are since you can afford a new 2004 you want a nice kit:-) Mine works great, the only difference is mine uses a garden-hose y-splitter to control temp and my pump is hooked to my anchor light=turn on anchor light, shower pump turns on. If you have any questions shoot me an email.

By Flack (flackpack) on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 2:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I parted one out for my Tige'. I used a shower box for an RV I bought on E Bay for $30.00, and heater hose and engine block adapters. I spent a total of $60.00 and got a great system. You can PM me and I'll show you how I did it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com