Is it possible to buy delta land in N... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Is it possible to buy delta land in NorCal? « Previous Next »
By Tommy G (tommyg) on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 5:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry if this is off-topic...

I've thought about this for a long time, and tried unsuccessfully to find info about buying some waterfront land on the delta in Disco Bay/Brentwood/Knightsen area. I've come across a few opportunities where land is owned and available for possible long term leases (where typically people build on the land they've leased), but nothing where you can purchase a small piece of land and have actual ownership.

I'm not interested in any real acreage, just an area large enough to put down a small, maybe mobile home, or at least to park a large RV on. it would be great to have some sort of getaway at the delta where we could stay overnight on weekends and not have to worry about heading home. I know that a houseboat is another option that i will consider, but wonder if anybody has info on this. There's so much land out there, I figure there has to be some available, right?

By Duane (nvsairwarrior) on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 10:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much money do you have?
A very nice empty lot just down the street, only $650K. About 8 1/2 minutes to open water with no speed limit....and no sound restrictions. Not sure though if a trailer would be suitable...or allowed.
Seriously, I'm sure somewhere something could be had as you describe...but not in Discovery Bay.
Good luck.

By Nate (norcalmalibu) on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 11:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think that he is talking more secluded, I have seen trailers on the stockton side, bethel island is what i think its called. Me and my old man were talking about maybe putting a trailer there also.

By Darren Hall (dhcomp) on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 10:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You gotta be able to buy a dumpy house out on the delta for cheap if you'r ejust looking for a place to crash/party. I go out of Del's (now River's End Marina) and there are some places i would guess would be cheap to buy out there.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com