2005 malibu VLX vs Supra 21V Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » 2005 malibu VLX vs Supra 21V « Previous Next »
By j.b.f holman (jbf) on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 1:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i,m in the market for a new boat and i have done a lot of research.I,m pretty close friends with 2 dealers near by who are located only 2 miles from eachother.one is a malibu dealer the other a skiers choice dealer.To bad they don,t like each other very well..so they only bash on the other brand.Now that is very helpfull..niether of the 2 has a brochure yet or pics.or some info about the wake.the first models arrive in januari so a testdrive isn,t a option.beside that i want my own colors....Solid Black
there isn,t much price difference between the 2 models(europe)wich is a little strange cause i thought the 21v was a little cheaper in the u.s.a but i might be mistaken in that one.
I need my input from others..marty mc fly had good things to say about de 21v.
I,ve seen pics of both 2005 models and i,ve seen some wakepics..(not that impressed)but pics aren,t always the best way to judge a wake.

thanx to raymond perryman

from wakeworld discussion

has anybody boarded behind one of these boats..or both maybe?anyway any info is greatly apreciated.
ben

By Rich (rson) on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 1:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Of course Marty Mcfly would say something good about the Supra , he is their #1 dealer. Not only does he know his product backwards and forwards...he is an incredible rider and has a unique point of view (as a rider not a saleperson)

I ride on every Malibu made, the VLX has been my favorite. In the 2003-2004 years people would add on sac (600 pounder) in the nose and the wake would be hard and incredibly large, pull up the wedge and keep the bag and you have a perfect rampy hard wake. THe 2005 now has the sac standard and installed as part of the Qmls!!! Add that to endless possibliities of colors, towers, and trim and the VLX is a killer boat. You can make it your own and have a one of a kind boat. Good luck!!! Either one is a killer boat. I guess I am slightly biased.

By Marty McFly (mcfly) on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 7:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just like Rich said...Both are unbelievable boats! Either way, you can't go wrong!

McFly

By Ryan Newcomb (jnewcom) on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 4:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can post some of my wake later when I get home. I have a Malibu and love it. I'm biased I guess but I would say go with the Malibu, but I like sUpra as well. That is a tuff one. Any way they'll let u go out on both of them? That would be my suggestion.

By Big Dave (hot4sun) on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 10:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Drive the boats before you make any decisions. I like the Supra and Malibu. Both are beautiful boats and have many common suppliers (engines and interiors), see which one you like better. We can talk and give you information but ultimately you have to decide. This time around I went with a Supra SSV. I drove many boats before deciding which was best for me. These are new models so wait until the boat shows start for a demo and a good deal.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com