Help, buying a boat Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Help, buying a boat « Previous Next »
By Stacy Hays (ifishok) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 7:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Went to look at a boat today, and made an offer and it was accepted, I asked about the title and he said he didn't have one, all he could give me was a bill of sale. It's in Tennessee and he said they don't have titles for boats, but I know in Oklahoma we do. Has anyone ran into this before? Will I have problems with getting it registered in Oklahoma?

By Jason Pribyl (skibum69) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 8:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have heard of people in the same boat(no pun intended) before. I would call your dnr or what ever state department you would registar the boat with and see exactlly you need to give them, make sure to tell them the other owner only has the bill of sale. It should be no problem

By Ryan Newcomb (jnewcom) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 9:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I also bought my boat (new) from Tennessee and they don't have a title. They might for the trailer but not for the boat. When I registered they said I had to have the title but when it was all cleared about 5 phone calls later it was ok.

By Ryan Nelson (rugr) on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 4:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Did you have to pay State sales Tax?
I'm thinking of buying but may wait until I move to Tennessee...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com