Mastercraft X-9 comments Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Mastercraft X-9 comments « Previous Next »
By Jimmy-Dean Porter (airporter) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 5:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey all, I'm just in the process of pulling the trigger on an 05 Mastercraft, and I'm having trouble deciding between the X7 and X9. I'm more of a skier, but want to start wakeboarding. I'm thinking the extra room of the X9 may be good for family and friends, although the X7 will handle much better. Any comments appreciated. Thanks,

Jim

By lance irick (zaner1) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 6:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Been in an X-9 with full sacks and 5 people and witnessed some guys goin BIG, also has one of the better slalom wakes (next to the tournament boat). I had a '97 Pro Star 205(similar to X-9) before my X-Star and loved the slalom wake. Lance

By Luke (lukeduke95) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 7:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You want space get an X9.

Macdaddy on here got one and that thing is huuuuugggeee. The boat too.

It is probably a foot wider than a SAN. Definitely a sick boat!

By Keith Wilton (wiltok) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 6:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jimmy,

I have had an X9 for two summers. I too do a lot of slalom skiing - but also wakeboard, kneeboard, hydrofoil, surf and barefoot. I guess the question you have to ask is how much time will you spend slalom (and how important it is to you). Are you a recreational skier or do you constantly run the course at short line lengths? I go thru phases where I do a lot of the same thing - right now I am in slalom phase - and I do wish the wake was a little smaller. However, I also do a lot of watersports where I want a big wake - and the boat delivers. Plus, it is a really big boat. If I had to do it again, I would buy another X-9. Hope this helps.

-Keith

By face planter (mastercraft1995) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 7:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Keith,

I'm thinking about getting an 02/03, X-9. Where is the ballast on them.

By Paul (psudy) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 8:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Under the rear seat and in the ski locker.

By david jackson (david_jackson) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 9:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
ive insructed in both boats for 2 years and the x7 handles better and has a good slalom wake but the x-9 has a better wake for boarding and more space and was tow boat of the year but if you think your just going for a couple boards a year and still stick wit slalom go with the 7
any questions just ask

By J.D.Porter (airporter) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 1:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for your input,

I'm thinking I will go with the X9, because as much as the X7 will yeild the best slalom wake, the X9 seems to fit the bill better overall, and who knows, I may love wakeboarding.

Best regards,
Jim

By SulMaxwell (sulmaxwell) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 3:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got an 02 X9 with the LTR see my profile and my bro has an 04 X7 withteh MCX..the thing is a rocket! ..I love the 9 for wakeboarding..10 people comfortable and a great WB wake...diversity wise...for slalom skiing..through the course and short line lengths..the wake is great..even if you are playing with 30mph on 15 off it is a great wake!( I train behind an 03 Nautique for slalom skiing hence i am used to a minimal slalom wake and when I run short line behind my nine..with a light load, the wake..although noticable is not hindering or an issue at all!...the boat is the best of both worlds by far..everyone who has ever been in it or behind it...can't belive how big it is yet so versatile...email me separate as per profile I can send pics..I also know of a great one that is for sale!!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com