89 nautique 2001 speedometers? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » 89 nautique 2001 speedometers? « Previous Next »
By cam warren (cam892001) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 2:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've lost both my Speedos on my 89 Nautique 2001. When I disconnected the tubes to the "fins", I blew air into them and a bunch of water flowed out. I reattached the tubes and drove the boat again and still nothing. Any suggestions on how to get them going again?

By Luis (nooner) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 3:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
take the speedo out completely from the dash and blow a low amount of compressed air into the back. If the speedo moves then its good and your problem is probably a tube or the pick up..

By walt (walt) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 4:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Try cleaning the pick up with a small drill bit.
Use a bit that is smaller than the hole and turn it by hand.

By Mike (mikeski) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 11:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You might need new isolators. They are a pain to change, you probably have to pull the gas tank, check everything else first. If you are unlucky your isolators might be frozen.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com