faster reversible pump than the simer... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » faster reversible pump than the simer 600 gph? « Previous Next »
By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 6:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What is a faster reversible pump than a 600 gph?

By Mike (mikeski) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 10:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You could use 2 Jabsco macerators, one for each direction...

Or manifold a pair of Simers together.

I have not seen any higher volume reversible impeller pumps.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 9:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree… How about 2? I have been toying with the idea of combining two simmer pumps to speed up my fill times for a larger center sack. Not sure on how complicated of a manifold would be necessary, or If I could just T-off the 1” ID hose on either side of the pumps.

Any “electricians / physics gurus”… If I spliced two Simer pumps together on the same power switch and breaker….. any power issues to consider. I know if I run all 3 of my pumps now I can not power up my stereo with out blowing fuses on my sub. I have not had a chance to do any testing yet.

Ty, how much faster are you looking for? Simer pumps are more about the convenience of avoiding priming issues.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i like the pump. i was just curious what was out there. my pump burnt up. i took it apart and found an 8" piece of masking tape inside of it. it locked up the impeller and i coule not hear that it had stopped. it runs now but very slow.

By FL SurfLover (flsurflover) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty, have you replaced the impeller? Did it melt?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
impeller is fine. it just sat locked for about 10 minutes not moving but still on.

By derek boyer (toyotafreak) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Current draw is yet another reason that RULE 1100s rule (or at least help to offset the annoyance of their one-wayness and free-flowing.)

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
fill and drain off of one line is just too easy.

By derek boyer (toyotafreak) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 12:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
And easy's really good in those three things you're supposed to rent vs. own.

By Mike (mikeski) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 4:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My Simer draws about 20amps for about one second then quickly fall off to about 7 amps. You could easily run two off a single switch fused at 20 amps, slo blo fuse, the 10-15 amp fuses to each pump. The fuses that come with these pumps are too big, my Nautiques 10amp dash breakers work great for protecting the pumps.

There was a thread about 6 months ago where somebody had built a 4 pump manifold. Considering the losses you should see at least 25gpm from that setup. Two pumps should provide about 17gpm. This should fill a 500# sac in less than 4 minutes.

I would run 1" lines to a 3/4 Ys at the inlets/outlets to the pumps. Considering these pumps are $65 each this is still a very cost effective way to go. This would also provide a backup to fill/drain you sac if one pump/impeller burned up. Tanks and More on e-bay sells really good hose and fittings for these systems.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 8:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i was debating on staying with teh current and easy set up or doing a 1100 gph aerator to fill and simer to drain. I will probably go with the simer by itself as it has been a great pump.

By Mike (bigdeal) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 8:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Been saving my ballast pump project for this winter. As prep for that project, where is the best place to buy a couple Simer pumps?

By Mike (mikeski) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 11:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
BE Atlas 806-356-9102, about $65 each shipped. You only need the replacement pump, not the "vacuum" I think the model # is BW-8512.

(Message edited by mikeski on October 01, 2004)

By matthew hunt (mhunt) on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 9:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike,
I'm thinking about picking up a couple of these pumps for my boat. Help me out with something, I'd like to get two, one for each sack, so I can just leave them hooked up. How does that work? Do the sacks need fill holes on top and bottom? Do the pumps need to be hooked up underneath the bag, or bottom side? I don't plan to drill any holes, instead just throw the hoses over when filling and emptying. Any suggestion?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 7:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i had letsgoride.com build me a sac with the holes on teh bottom and top for filling and venting.

By Mike (mikeski) on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 2:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Top, side, bottom, it really doesn't matter. Just get rid of the blue waterbed thingy and put a foot or longer piece of 3/4 vinyl hose on a barbed connector and stick it in the hole, fits perfectly and stays put, no clamp needed. Drill a bunch of holes in the hose so water can get in/out when the vinyl plugs the end.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 2:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i used a short piece of hose in the same application with holes to get down to the bottom of the sacs on the rear. the lets go ride fills and drains from the bottom.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com