90 Master craft Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » 90 Master craft « Previous Next »
By JJ BAginski (openwydr) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 5:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am looking at a 1990 mastercraft. 384 hrs,
Has a 302 Indmar engine/220 hp. Is this gonig to be enough power to pull me and my friends and some fat sacs ( 500-1000 lbs). My dad knows the dealer and service dept well and they have check the boat out. I am worried about the power.
Thoughts

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 6:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alot of the older MC's had the powerslot transmission in them. If that's the case, with the right prop you'll do fine. I had a 1990 prostar 190 with the 351 in it and it was a great boat. A friend of mine owns it now, it has over a thousand hours on it and it runs great. This and the older nautiques are great boats for the money.

By KStateAlumni (bbeach) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 7:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I currently own a 90 Prostar with the 351, 245 hp and I have more than enough horsepower to pull whatever I want. I've pulled 3 barefooters deepwater start and it was easy. I've never had any experience with the 302 but I would imagine it would be fine, if not reprop it. 384 hours is nothing. Heck that thing is almost new! Mine has 725 on it and is still in almost perfect shape. See profile for a pic.

Typical repair for a boat of this age is to have the observer seat recovered, but that was cheap and easy.

By Richard (ramhouse) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 6:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine is a "93 Prostar with lots of power...able to pull three wakeboarders a once, with fat sacs...over 1000 hrs...Great boat!!but kids are big now and it's getting tight..see pic in profile...would recomend an older MC to all...

By Tye Thompson (tyerone44) on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 - 3:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What prop do yall think I should get for my 1990 prostar 190. Maybe a 4 blade but I'm not really sure. Also what brand. Thanks alot.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com