k&N flame arrestor due they work Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » k&N flame arrestor due they work « Previous Next »
By allan novotny (canada_air) on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 10:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i know K&N flame arrestors have been talked about on this sight before. what i was wondering if anybody has used one and actually seen an increase in torque/power. i have the 275hp tbi indmar in my 1995 maristar 200vrs. i have propped my boat down and that is a larger improvement then i will ever see from performance upgrades. but if there is some cheap hp and torque to be gained. why not

By Tim Day (sunsetterlxi) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know the new MasterCrafts with at least the MCX motor have the K&N Filter from the factory.

By Karl De Looff (boarditup) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 5:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
They work. It will be difficult to tell before hand if you will notice much difference. The prop is the biggest bang for the buck. Next would be K&N and some good platinum spark plugs. A hotter coil sometimes makes an improvement and is fairly cheap. To get more, you are into cam, heads, ingnition, and induction - major expense and replace the boat time.

By gary warner (fuzz8us) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 7:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i'll show you how little i know. when you say propped down does that mean go with less pitch?
thanks gary

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com