How to weight my 01 Tige 21V? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » How to weight my 01 Tige 21V? « Previous Next »
By Brandon (bdogg) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 4:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can't seem to make my wake very big. I only have one fat sac. Is this possible?

By Matt Ostmeyer (matt_ostmeyer) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 5:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Trick with Tige is to not load them too back heavy. If you want big, one sack won't cut it - its a wide boat and takes a lot to sink it. On my old 21v we used to put three 550# sacks, one in each rear locker and one in the front walkway as far forward as it would go - then we put between 6 and 8 60# sand bags in the bow area and dry storages.

In our new 22v, we put two sacks up front under the seats - they don't quite all the way, and then two in the back storages. Plus, we have 200# extra lead up front and I think I'm going to add another 200# lead in the dry storages. This wake is awesome!

Basically, you want about 60/40 split back/front weighting, or there abouts. If the wake washes, put more weight up front, or lower taps - sometimes if a lot of people are in the back, we run TAPS at 1 or 2 to keep the wake clean. You'll know when you get too much weight up front because the wake will stay clean, but actually get smaller and lose the lip a bit - also the nose will get really low to the water and you'll baptise it really easily.

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 5:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt hit the nail on the head. I had a 2002 21V and found the wake to be substantially larger with just one 600 pound sac up front and just 2-3 people in the back. I never weighted it with more than that and found the wake to be large enough for even some very advanced riders.

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 7:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I ride behind a 21V quite a bit.. We run 400 or 500 on each side of the engine, 550 in the bow walkway and 550 across the front bow seats.. Run Taps around 1-2 also. It's clean, big and has a nice transition w/a nice pop at the top.

By Brandon (bdogg) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 12:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks guys..I can't wait to try it. I always thought "just put the weight in the back".

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com