subs in rear locker Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » subs in rear locker « Previous Next »
By shawn m darnell (shawnmdarnell) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 4:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
has anyone built custom sub boxes in the rear locker of their direct drive? if so, do you have any pics?

By paul (wakeme884) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 9:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ive been thinking about doing that, but I figure the lid would muffle it too much.

By Sean M (magic) on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 7:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a pair of JLW6s in a sealed box sitting in the rear locker of my Cal-Air. I used to stick a bumper under the lid to keep it open and let the bass out.

I even removed the internal dividers between the interior wall of the locker and sides of the boat by the back set. That helped but did the bass was still a bit muffled.

I now run a sealed JLW6 infront of the driver's feet and a sealed Ecplise Ti 12 under the observers seat with a series of vents in the base of the seat to let the bass out.

If you do it, I suggest that you figure out how much bass you want and if the locker will muffle it too much.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com