Trailer bow roller Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Trailer bow roller « Previous Next »
By Jim Aikins (ccryder) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 11:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a DHM trailer with the front black rubber bow roller. It doesn't really roll and it has chipped off gel coat on the keel of the hull in the area of the roller. Anybody have any good sources or where to buy a urethane replacement roller to help both the marks rubbing onto the boat and chipping the gel coat?
Thanks

By Flyin' Hawaiian (1kanaka) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 12:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put this roller on my DHM trailer. It helps with the marks. I also take the roller off on occasion and put a little bearing grease on the pin to keep it rolling like it should. I've used it for 2 years without any problems. You'll find it in Overton's for $32.

By Jim Aikins (ccryder) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 12:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the info, mine is lower supporting the weight of the bow of the boat so it always has a load. Using the roller you show is probably the ticket. Thanks.

By Flyin' Hawaiian (1kanaka) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 1:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My roller supports much of the bow also and I haven't had any problems. That's the stock photo from Overton's. Hope it helps.

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 10:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is how my DHM trailer is........now worries.

dhm

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 10:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim, call George at DHM trailers, they're in south Sacramento. Tell him about the problem and he'll take care of you. They ended up taking off the roller and installing bunks on mine.
These guys are great to deal with
Tom

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 11:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the same Problem. The bolt in the roller gets bent and then the rooler stops rolling and The rooler can get worn away and chip your gell. That what happend to me DHM fixed my gell and Trailer for free. I have had some problems with my DHM and they have always stood by and problem's
http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/dhm

(Message edited by whitechocolate on September 22, 2004)

By michale detillion (michale) on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 1:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant,what is that on the bottom of your hull?.Red duct tape?.

By Jim Aikins (ccryder) on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 2:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi Grant, do you have a contact at DHM who helped you out with your issue? My hull looks just like your except it's white.

Thanks,
Jim

By Flyin' Hawaiian (1kanaka) on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 2:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom, Did they swap your roller out for free?

If the roller is a problem with a lot of their trailers why aren't they initially manufactured with bunks?

I think I haven't had any problem with bending the inner bolt yet. I usually stand in the water and help guide the boat onto the roller then wench it down. Maybe this helps reduce some the force put on it. I really like the bunks better than the roller though.

By Grant West (whitechocolate) on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 3:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim" Talk to Bruce thats who helped me.
Michale: there should be nothing on my hull? what ever your seeing it sounds like its a reflection

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 6:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kanaka, Yeah they replaced them for free. The problem I had was the same as Grant. It dosen't happen to all but if you experience a problem DHM will switch it out for you. They no longer make trailers with this design, at least not for Nautiques.

By Jim Aikins (ccryder) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 1:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well I have my trailer at DHM, but it looks like there is going to be a charge since my trailer is older, it is an 02. They do not have a way to fix the gel coat, from the previous posts I was under the assumption you had that repaired there also. I guess my luck isn't as good as others.

By Jim Aikins (ccryder) on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 6:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got my trailer back today and they did a great job on the change. Ended up not being charged so now all I have to do is get the gel coat fixed. Very happy with the outcome.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com