Air Nautique SV-211 - Anyone own/ride... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Air Nautique SV-211 - Anyone own/ride one? « Previous Next »
By Alan C Joaquin (dabigkahuna) on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 4:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm looking at the Air Nautique SV-211. It seems like a great boat for the family, as the hydro-gate allows for manipulating the size of the wake - much like the Tige' TAPS system.

Anyone have feedback on the quality of wake behind a SV-211? How does it compare to it's big brother SAN?

Thanks!}

By Greg Davis (vortech347) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 8:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Several threads on it over at www.planetnautique.com.

Seems to get very good reviews over there. I have sat in one at the dealer and liked it's layout compared to my Sport.

It will be high on my list to test when I get ready to switch to a v-drive.

By Garett C. (alotta_fagina) on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hydrogate doesn't do a whole lot, decent for wakeboarding at best, very poor slalom wakes.

Ride was rough for a boat built by nautique, and the quality was lacking as well. Take a look at the fiberglass cuts behind the combing pads, cheap carpet inserts in the storage area, and the lack of people space and storage...

Its the size of a sea doo (4 adults maybe) if you add the optional camp stool back seat.

Drove the Mal 21 LSV side by side and no comparison for a family v-Drive! Quality of interiors, amount of storage and people space, ride, wakes...

By eric fox (fox) on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 12:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think you must be thinking of the wrong boat. I was at nationals and all over a 211 team sitting there and it was gi-normous for a nautique. I thought is was quite generous in seating and storage. It seems to be getting billed as a great all around boat for people with more interests than just wakeboarding. It has a moderately sized wake without adding sacks, but has a better ski wake than say a 210. Great family boat. Wish I had the money to burn at the moment.

Eric

By Jim Boggs (jimmyjam) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 9:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I rode in one and was quite impressed with the fit and finish. Tons of storage and the wake (unweighted) had a nice shape. We rode old school Byerly style...no tower and no weight other than passangers.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com