Clarion XMD3 wiring Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Clarion XMD3 wiring « Previous Next »
By Joe H (superairdawg) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 3:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just swapped out my Clarion XMD1 for an XMD3 and the sound coming from the rear speakers is muffled really bad. There was an archived thread that said the problem may be that I've got a low-pass crossover on, but I don't think that's the case in my situation. I'm running a Kicker 700.5 amp and running both gray and black RCA's into the amp worked fine with my XMD1 -- i.e., I don't have any speakers hooked up directly to the HU.

Anyone have any ideas? The installation guide for the Clarion kinda sucks. I can barely make heads or tails of it.

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 5:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe,
As we discussed...maybe this will help?
If not, maybe it'll solve someone else problem.

Quoting mymc from mymastercraft.com...

"Service Advisory # 2003.JULY.SA-005
Condition: Clarion has continued to upgrade product and has done so with the stereo equipment for the 2004 model year. MasterCraft technicians were not aware of a "programming change" necessary for boats equipped with tower speakers and/or subwoofers. This simple adjustment is made utilizing the button on the stereo unit face to the far right (top button).

Procedure: The following will restore the programming of the rear RCA pre-amp outputs to full frequency range.

1) Press and hold "Title/ADJ" button for two seconds
2) Use "SEARCH" button to scroll through the menu until the display reads "SW LPF".
3) Press the "VOL UP/DOWN" button to engage "REAR" full frequency range audio signal.
4) Once the desired adjustments are completed, press "TITLE/ADJ" button to exit program menu.

WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT IF THE BATTERY SOURCE IS DISCONNECTED FOR MORE THAN 48 HOURS, THE RE-PROGRAMMING IS LOST.

IF A BATTERY IS REMOVED FOR WINTER STORAGE, THE RE-PROGRAMMING WILL BE NECESARY AGAIN IN THE SPRING."

By KC (desertrover) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 11:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been having problems with my Clarion XMD1 for 2 yrs. I thought it was some mix up of the wiring. I have never been able to get any of the speakers to work very well. In fact the cutting out and fuzz is so bad that we usually just don't bother. If we turn the volume all the way up it finally breaks through and most speakers will work but of course it is nearly intolerable due to high volume.
A few mos after I had the boat it was sabataged by Phoenix Mastercraft Dealer. It's a very long story but the bottom line is the dealership had put in a badly corroded cabel between the alternator and the battery that did not transfer any electricity to the battery so after getting an hour or so out into the lake the engine died from lack of spark. We had to be towed back to the dock.
Anyway, my point is could it be possible that my problems with the stereo is that it needs to be reprogrammed? If anyone knows how to explain the wiring setup and could post some pics of the wires attatched to the amps and the settings I would also really appreciate that. I really do not know this stereo stuff but I would love to listen to my stereo. For the reason above I can't take it to my local Mastercraft dealer.

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the xmd3 in my boat and agree that the owner's manual is severely useless. Paul has a good suggestion that may help.

I also learned that two of the RCA jacks are for the SIRIUS sattelite radio or other INPUT. I tried to hook those up but found that I got no sound whatsoever from the wrong RCA's. I forget if they are the grey or the red ones. I doubt that is your problem because you would get no sound whatsoever if that were the case. I had to learn this from the installer since my manual doesn't seem to give this info.

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe H. didn't post it, but the programming fixed his problem. So, if you have something similar going on, give it a try. It's fast and free!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com