Sport Nautique Wakes Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » Sport Nautique Wakes « Previous Next »
By Clint Funderburk (clintf) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 9:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How is the wake behind the Sport Nautique? Not as big as an actual wake board boat I know, but can you get good wake out of one?

By E.J. (deuce) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 9:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yea....(I am not exactly sure on the year)you can make the exact same wake as my boat...and the word on the street is that is not half bad.

E.J.

By Clint Funderburk (clintf) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 9:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It would be a 1998 model with at least on sac in the trunk. Yours is an Air. How could I do that?

By E.J. (deuce) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 9:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a SAN... A Sport Nautique and the Super Sport Nautique share the same hull.

Air & Super Air are just option packages that include towers, ballast ect. So weighted the same, a Sport Nautique will put out the exact same wake as a Super Air Nautique. Or as many like to add...a Super Air Nautique Team Edition, which again...just options...nothing to do with the hull of the boat.

E.J.

By Clint Funderburk (clintf) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 9:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am going to install the Flight Control Tower on this boat and at least one 440 lbs sack in the trunk to get me started if I get this boat. Just checking all of my options. I have looked at a Malibu and a MasterCraft and posted questions about them. So thanks for you help. Any more suggestions / problems / opinions?

By Ryan Rantz (airrantz) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Clint one thing to keep in mind is the Sport Nautique is a direct drive so the weight of the boat in more centered. A Super Sport Nautique is the V-Drive version. You may want to add more weight in the rear of the boat so that it sits like a V-Drive would and will give you a wake more similar to the Super Air Nautique. A new Super Air has about 900lbs stock ballast. 500 center 400 rear in addition to being a V-drive. To get the same wake you'd probably want to add about 1000lbs rear and 500lbs center. If you did that your wake will be top notch.

By Greg Davis (vortech347) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 99 with 400lbs factory ballast in the back. We put a 500lb sac on top of the factory ballast and a 600lb locker sac in the locker.

The wake is excellent weighted that way. It is on par with a Super Air Nautique with similar weight added.

The main diffence between the Super Air and a Sport/Air is the back of the Super Air is slightly taller and the boat weighs about 300lbs more than a Sport/Air.

Otherwise, the running surface of the hull is exactly the same.

By Tom Sondej (juicy) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 3:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We have a 1998 Air/Sport with the factory ballast. This is our set up with weight. 250 lb side sack in back locker. 400 lb Tube sack on the floor in front of the rear seat and another 250 lb tube sack in the ski locker. We find this provides the best shape and size.

By Alan (tigeal) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 9:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom, How does that additional weight effect handling? I am thinking of getting an air in that year +- and need crisp steering for our small tournament lakes.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com