New Boat Decisions Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through January 14, 2005 » New Boat Decisions « Previous Next »
By kelly S. (hb_tige) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I currently own a 1996 Tige PRE 2100. I am looking to buy a new boat and I am trying to decide between the Tige 20V and the Moomba LSV.

Any opinions and/or personal experiences.

Thanks for your time.

By Justice Chamlee (jchamlee) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just bought a new LSV and love it! The wake is great. Never ridden behind a Tige, but I'm sure they are nice too. With the LSV you can probably get more options for the money!

By Matt (pittsy) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 12:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i thing the tige would be better

By Rick Lockman (rockit) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 1:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would vote for the LSV. They are both great boats, but for the price and the options you can't beat the LSV. However, you do want to get the upgraded engine and the wake plate

By Joe Crawford (joe61980) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 8:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am on my second 20V and my fifth Tige. Absolutely a great boat and your cannot go wrong with it.

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rick is right. I owned a 2002 Tige 21V and loved it - the Taps was very useful. If I ever got another boat, it would definitely need some sort of Taps/wakeplate. I understand MOOMBA to be a little less pricey, but I've never seem them up close - can anyone speak to what might be their angle? The Tige hull is the thickest on the market and makes the boat heavier as well, is there more than that?

By David Hoffman (davidhoffman) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
In both boats your going to see the wake size pretty similar but the shape will be different. The 20V will be hard and peaky and the LSV will be a little softer. A big difference you will notice is that the 20V has a lot more storage, and IMO is alot more comfortable due to the seats being higher off the floor and all. I would take the 20V over the LSV but its just my personal preference.

By Greg Scharf (obriengotwake) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 6:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Off topic for those who rode 2100 wt im lookin at a 99 and i was wondering how the wake is?
I would also like to say moomba with the options that most riders want is not much less than most other boats. At that point the tige is a better built boat with more options specific to riders.
Good luck with ur pick and just go with what u feel is best and thanks for any info.

By Greg Scharf (obriengotwake) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 6:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Off topic for those who rode 2100 wt im lookin at a 99 and i was wondering how the wake is?
I would also like to say moomba with the options that most riders want is not much less than most other boats. At that point the tige is a better built boat with more options specific to riders.
Good luck with ur pick and just go with what u feel is best and thanks for any info.

By zack votaw (zackv) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 6:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would say go for the tige but thats just cause we have one.

By Mark (grampawakerider) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 8:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Purely speaking from a $$ point of view, the LSV has got to be at least 10k less than Tige'. I'm talking sticker price anyway. Last Moomba I looked at was at 37.7k with upgraded motor, 3 bag ballast, hydraulic wakeplate. Last Tige' I looked at was 48.9k. I didn't look real close at it because it's outta my price range. I'm currently in the hunt for a new boat and I'm pretty sure Moomba is getting my business. I'm going out on a demo of the LSV in a couple weeks. If all goes well, I'm gonna ask them to put in the Perfect Pass and I'll pay the 37.7k they want. The boat I looked at was beautiful. I'll post a pic when/if I buy it.

By Doug Gierosky (d_fresh) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 4:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
kelly, are we talking 20V or SwitchV (20' also). To me the SwitchV is comparable to the Moomba as being a lower cost boat.

By Micah (zboomer) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 7:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mark, my boss has an '04 Mobius LSV, and loves it. His 15-yr old kid goes so big with that thing, it's insane.

Good luck.

By Barry (barry) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 10:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kelly,
I checked your profile for location and it doesn't say where you are. If you have access, check out Sanger as well. I never heard of an unhappy Sanger owner and everyone(most) agrees, awesome boat at a reasonable price.

B-

By CBrown (powdrhound) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 2:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can't make a call on an LSV but tested the 20v on my boat search and it is a very cool boat nice wake (even unweighted) and Taps works really well.
Barry is right though do check out Sanger more room than the 20v and a killer wake on the v210

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com