Weighing a SangAir 2001 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Weighing a SangAir 2001 « Previous Next »
By Laurie Santoro (wakejumper8) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 10:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can anyone help me out with proper weighing of a 2001 SangAir?

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Fat Seat (approx. 1400lbs) in the back, a full size sac (approx. 500lbs) in the front.

By Robert Thorson (thor) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 1:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe a fatseat would perfect in most Sanger boats, but unfortunately the 2001 SangAir has an internal ballast tank under the rear seat making it difficult to remove.
In my boat, I run to 600 lb. sacs on each side of the engine, 1-250 lb tube sac in the front and the 320 lbs of internal ballast in the rear. Add to this at least 6 people and the wake is really nice. Just my opinion, but it works great for me.

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 1:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good point, Rob. I totally forgot about the internal ballast.

What about lead in the rear compartment, along with the sacs on the side? Will that work?

By Laurie Santoro (wakejumper8) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 2:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I appreciate this guys. I have lead and am playing around with it, but have not found the perfect wake yet. I'm going to add fat sacs this weekend and need the advise.
Are there any problems to adding the weight (lead) in the ski lockers which is on top of the ballast tank? Could this cause damage?
Also, can weight be added in the hull (under the ice chest in the middle)?

By Rick H (blastmaster) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 3:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Laurie:
I have a 96 dlx which is the same hull. I run about 500 lbs lead mostly in the ski locker and under front seats. I just added a thru hull and pump that will feed a bag under the ice chest for additional 400lbs try your weight forward. It sinks the whole boat better. I would not put lead on the plastic tank. A big wake could rupture the tank, espcially if its not full with water to help carry the weight.

Rick

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com